Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Berwyn Mountains routes?
  • vdubber67
    Free Member

Going to stay at Pistyll Rhaeadr for a couple of days, and was looking at the routes here

Looking at the hard route (linked under easy for some reason), it says 57km and 6-8 hours. Anyone ridden it before? Given that at a nice steady pace on natural Welsh trails I’d do this distance in about 4-odd hours, eg on Trans Wales, is there a reason why this is down as 6-8hrs? Is it ridiculously hard hike a bike or something?

Don’t want to find out how hard it is halfway round on my own! 😉

Failing that, anyone advise on different routes they’d recommend?

Cheers

Rich

Rorschach
    Free Member

Theres some proper big assed climbs in that and some ‘interesting’ navigation (mainly the bit Fter llangynog).I’d err on the side of caution. When are you over? There’s plenty of riding to be had that way.

Esme
    Free Member

We did the Medium route a few weeks ago, and weren’t particularly impressed. Lovely countryside, but the riding wasn’t very interesting . . . and the bog was really horrid 🙁

Russell96

The bog at point 2 can take some navigating and make sure your brakes are in good working order for the descent after.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Going to be over there this week Rorschach. I take it that it would be a bit crappy on a SS then?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Doesn’t stop me :0)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Berwyn Mountains routes?’ is closed to new replies.