Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 269 total)
  • Benifit fraud… would you report someone??
  • j_me
    Free Member

I saw someone in Plymouth who had the whole front of his house painted in huge white letters.

Grass.

Made me laugh a lot and hope that his peers and neighbours treated him suitably.
    I hope your peers and neighbours are as cooperative when your bikes are nicked or your house burgled.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I doubt whether it cost £300 million to clear this up :

Maybe the OP can vandalise a screw on the benefit cheat’s front garden gate ?

yunki
    Free Member

right then.. I have a friend (who was originally just a neigbour when we first met) who claims some disability benefits.. including the car concession etc..

he has a bad back.. many of the bottom vertebrae in his lower back have been surgically fused to prevent something or another.. I don’t remember the details..

some weeks however.. he is perfectly capable of a few menial tasks.. certainly a careful game of pool or two per week wouldn’t often present too many problems.. he can climb a ladder if neccessary.. and on a good day when there’s not too many alternatives I’m sure he could help manouvere a caravan or work on a car..

other weeks I have watched this very tough and world weary man in tears of woe as he can’t move to help his young son tie a shoelace.. or walk to the corner to post a letter.. what job would you suggest for him..?
    such is life and he accepts his lot with good grace.. yes he has a modern TV.. and why shouldn’t he..!?
    He also makes sacrifices to his standard of living that some of you couldn’t imagine.. just to be able to afford to pay the ever constant demands made by his kids school for outings or uniform or extra curricular activities..
    living on benefits is NOT the free ride that the more fortunate imagine it to be..

all that aside.. he has been a hard working man all his life up until he started experiencing problems.. and has paid his dues in national insurance etc along with fat helpings of community spirit.. something which the OP is clearly lacking with their bitter and dissatisfied curtain twitching assumptions..
    I’ve previously always vowed to make life harder where possible for these blinkered vigilante types.. but now for my friends sake I suggest that you do grass him up.. if he’s legit he won’t need to worry..
    It just seems a shame that you might be willing to put this guy and his family through an awful lot of unneccessary stress to satisfy your curiosity..

maybe you should try and befriend him first.. see if you can help out in any way..?

I like Elfinsafety’s answer.

+1

duckman
    PiknMix
    Free Member

5thElefant – Member

Are you a professional criminal or just a keen amateur?

Neither, and i am a little unsure how you have managed to reach this conclusion. I think most crims are scum, still wouldn’t grass them up though I live my life, I worry about my problems, if my stuff gets nicked it’s up to me to sort it out 🙂

j_me – Member

I hope your peers and neighbours are as cooperative when your bikes are nicked or your house burgled.

It’s none of my peers or neighbours problem, its my problem, and this is why I have insurance, some people are scum and take what’s not theirs when this happens my insurance pays out.

I am very happy to live my life how I do karma in the end catches up with everyone.

eta. this has digressed somewhat from the alleged benefit fraud of which I still wouldn’t grass him up 🙂

bullheart
    Free Member

I think most crims are scum, still wouldn’t grass them up though I live my life, I worry about my problems, if my stuff gets nicked it’s up to me to sort it out

It’s none of my peers or neighbours problem, its my problem, and this is why I have insurance, some people are scum and take what’s not theirs when this happens my insurance pays out.

I am very happy to live my life how I do karma in the end catches up with everyone.

Hmmm…. 😐

Trouble is, where does it stop? At what point do you draw the line?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12175431

You don’t sound like you’re in control. You just sound scared. That’s just my opinion though – no offence is meant.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Can I have a bacon sarnie too please Mrs Bullheart? 🙂

bullheart
    Free Member

Too late, my diminutive-in-stature-but-colossal-in-heart friend.

She’s gone out and left me with two farting dogs and a gazillion litres of Dulux…

j_me
    Free Member

What colour are you painting the dogs ?

renton
    Free Member

right thought id beter come back and explain myself.

this neighbour 2 doors down was quite helpful when we first moved in and we actually became friends, not close friends but friends all the same.

he has openly told me he hasnt worked for ages.

he used to live on one of the rougher estates in the town but got moved as people were compaining about him and his family partying all the time etc.

now he thinks he is the boss of the neighbourhood, bossing people around, telling them not to park in certain places so his daughter can park there, telling other poeple to stop being noisy etc.

he sits on his sofa all day playing either his x box or ps3 on his 50 inch plasma tv that hardworking poeple ave paid tax for .

ive lived in this house 3 years and in that time i have seen him relay all the block paving at the front of his house, build a conservatory on the back of his house and various other things which suggest to me there isnt much wrong with him.

he told me that the council have siad you cant make any alterations to the house in any way.

he has been diagnosed with cancer about 20 years ago but has since been given the all clear.

his wife does not work either , nothing wrong with her, just cant be arse (her words)

he gets a brand new car every 3 years, council house etc.

he sub lets his garage to one of his brothers so they can un an inflatable business out of it, council still think he parks his car in there.

I can see where people are coming from where they tell me to mind my own business and to be fair i wont report him.

its just frustrating how people can blatantly twist the system to there advantage , where the like of another neighbour can barley walk due to a tumour on her back yet still works hard cant get any benifits!!

regards

steve

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You’re lucky to have a wife. 🙁

I always have to borrow someone else’s….

PiknMix
    Free Member

busted

I’m scared so scared I just did a poo.

I find it funny that you can deduce how I feel from a few words, you should be a shrink 😉

We clearly have different morals I suppose thats what makes the human race so interesting.

I would still never grass about anything, live and let live etc

no offence taken whatsoever 🙂

can I get a bacon sarnie?

j_me
    Free Member

I would still never grass about anything, live and let live etc

I find that a cowardly approach. As BullHeart says, where do you draw the line? You have to draw it somewhere and have the balls to step up to it.

yunki
    Free Member

You have to draw it somewhere

I guess this is true.. and it’s also true that the furthur away that you draw it.. the bigger the balls needed to step up to it when required..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

pik and mix – what about if someone beat up your mum and you knew who it was – but they were big and scary? Tell the police or not?

bullheart
    Free Member

j_me – Member
    What colour are you painting the dogs ?

If I had my way, stealth bomber black. But the wife is into pastels at the moment.

Pik n Mix – Member

I’m scared so scared I just did a poo.

can I get a bacon sarnie?

I’ll send over a sarnie and some Charmin!

For the record, there is a fundamental difference between being scared and being a coward. I’ve suggested that your lack of desire might be linked to fear, not that you are a coward.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

……this neighbour 2 doors down was quite helpful when we first moved in and we actually became friends……..now he thinks he is the boss of the neighbourhood, bossing people around, telling them not to park in certain places so his daughter can park there, telling other poeple to stop being noisy etc.

Oh I see, he’s a mate you’ve fallen out with – that’s why you know so much personal stuff about him, you should’ve said that in the first place.

Yeah grass him up, you know you should – now that you’re not mates anymore like. But you already knew that didn’t you ? …… you never sounded as if you had an open mind on the issue – despite asking everyone what you should do.

Good luck at being a back-stabbing former mate.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Come on, come on…

renton
    Free Member

Ernie you must of missed this part of my post ……….

“I can see where people are coming from where they tell me to mind my own business and to be fair i wont report him.

its just frustrating how people can blatantly twist the system to there advantage , where the like of another neighbour can barley walk due to a tumour on her back yet still works hard cant get any benifits!!”

yunki
    Free Member

[mockney accent] WUNUNDRED!!!!! [/mockney accent]

renton.. how would you feel if your mate/neigbour bought you an x-box and a ps3 and a plasma tv for your birthday..?

not so jealous..?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Bastid! You’ve claimed that wunundredth post fraudulently! You’re not entitled to it!!! I’ve worked bloody hard for that, you scrounging git!!! 😡

I’m reporting you….

donsimon
    Free Member

I don’t see why you have to do the State’s work for them. It just encourages the curtain twitching and back stabbing.
    The State won’t thank you and more than likely will take the opportunity to investigate you for some petty infraction.

renton
    Free Member

yunki .

i am not jealous at all, i can put my hand on my heart and say that everything i own i have worked hard for and it is mine.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

i am not jealous at all

So why you banging on about his Ecks-Bocks and 50″ telly then?

Is it because he’s got a bigger one than you have?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

renton – maybe if you kept the noise down, him two doors down wouldn’t need to tell you to “stop being noisy”, and you could be mates again 💡

Junkyard
    Free Member

Hey why have all you lefties all suddenly supporting [potentialy]fleecing the state /potentially breaking the law [ reporting him will make no difference if it is legit] yet you get all cross about rich folk not breaking the law and avoiding tax. What is the difference in terms of morality as I see both behaviours as ignoring your social responsibilty to your fellow citiens via tax /legitimate claims. To compound this some o you think that anyone who may report someone for this potential crime deserves derision and to be labelled a grass yet the potental defrauder deserves our ignorance.
    Odd moral code you seem to applying here tbh.

yunki
    Free Member

eat the rich.. not each other

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Nah I think the fraud/potentially depriving others of what they need and deserve being bad is a given; what appears to be more at issue here is people’s resentment of others due to some perceived ‘advantage’ someone else appears to have. And not having the balls to stand up and say what you think to someone’s face, and using clandestine methods to satisfy some urge to better someone else.

Cos that’s what this is really about.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Odd moral code you seem to applying here tbh.

I agree. When I shopped my mother for not having a TV license, I had to explain to my brother and sisters, “you can’t have one set of moral standards for friends and family, and then another set of moral standards for everyone else”. They didn’t seem to get it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

You are getting dangerously close to saying it is the politics of envy there 😉

yunki
    Free Member

I’m interested for more personal reasons..

My family and I have a completely legitimate entitlement to certain health related benefits.. and yet although we have reams of irrefutable evidence.. medical records and professional advocates.. it is still incredibly difficult to access these entitlements..

I find it very hard to believe that anyone can be building a comfortable lifestyle by claiming disability benefits fraudulently.. if they are I can’t imagine that their lifestyle will continue to appear so desirable in the current political climate..

j_me
    Free Member

you get all cross about rich folk not breaking the law and avoiding tax

Point well made Sir ! That’s the last time I’m shopping in duty free.

uplink
    Free Member

I don’t see it as any different to suspecting people of importing bike bits from the US and getting the value marked down to avoid tax/duty or walking straight through the green channel with it

BTW – I’m currently awaiting a parcel from the States, feel free to denounce me to the authorities as you now have grounds to suspect I’m defrauding every tax payer in the UK

if you need my name and address, drop me an email

Rich
    Free Member

j_me – Member

I find that a cowardly approach. As BullHeart says, where do you draw the line? You have to draw it somewhere and have the balls to step up to it

Just make sure you make it anonymous seems to be the general idea.
    What was that about having balls again? 😛

bullheart
    Free Member

I agree. When I shopped my mother for not having a TV license, I had to explain to my brother and sisters, “you can’t have one set of moral standards for friends and family, and then another set of moral standards for everyone else”. They didn’t seem to get.

Classic! Funny thing is I’m not sure if you’re serious or not!!? 😯

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Its our taxes we have every right to ask the state to check that our money is being spent in the most efficient way and goes to those who need it most. If you have a ps3 and sat TV and 50″ screen and your not working you have way more than me and I have worked all my life and paid all my taxes. Clearly those are essentials I will have to choose drugs, get obese or claim I have a bad back!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

50″ Telly? Pah! How about a 70″ one??!!?!

Who loves ya, baby?!

Rich
    Free Member

yunki – Member
    I’m interested for more personal reasons..

My family and I have a completely legitimate entitlement to certain health related benefits.. and yet although we have reams of irrefutable evidence.. medical records and professional advocates.. it is still incredibly difficult to access these entitlements..

I find it very hard to believe that anyone can be building a comfortable lifestyle by claiming disability benefits fraudulently.. if they are I can’t imagine that their lifestyle will continue to appear so desirable in

I hear you yunki.

When I read posts saying how great the unemployed/people on disability benefits have it, I always think “If it’s so great then give up your job and aspirations and live it yourself”, you will soon see how bleak their life can feel. Especially if it involves constant pain, with no real chance of it going away. Sadly it seems you have to go through this to have any real empathy.

yunki
    Free Member

If you have a ps3 and sat TV and 50″ screen and your not working you have way more than me and I have worked all my life and paid all my taxes

why is it always the large TV and the games console that sticks in the throats of the daily mail reader..!?

anyone has the purchasing power to aquire these things FFS!!

HP.. social fund loan.. credit cards.. home improvements loan from the bank..

I guess that people that don’t get about much cos they’re fat or off their face or crippled with arthritis or similar prefer to budget for a TV rather than a MTB..?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

why is it always the large TV and the games console that sticks in the throats of the daily mail reader..!?

Because narrow-minded people can’t see beyond materialism in the formation of their judgement of others…?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 269 total)

The topic ‘Benifit fraud… would you report someone??’ is closed to new replies.