Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bedding In XT Discs
  • ro63rt
    Free Member

I know is sounds pretty simplistic, but what methods have people found best to bed in XT discs to get max performance out of them.

redthunder
    Free Member

20 odd heavy grabs on the brakes, always seemed to work for me.

mboy
    Free Member

Step 1: Find big hill

Step 2: Ascend big hill

Step 3: Descend big hill very quickly using brakes to slow you down

Step 4: Repeat if necessary

You’ll find that a bit of speed will help get them bedded in in no time, as it burns off any residues left on the pads or the rotor. A bit of mud can also help the bedding in process, but too much mud can eat through brake pads in no time.

Conor
    Free Member

Just ride them. Works for me. But I ride on big hills and I’m not a chicken shit so I don’t glaze them.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

conor you are a **** hero

Conor
    Free Member

I know, cheers.

I just think there is no real need to “bed in” pads or discs! Normal riding does the trick as long as you don’t ride every where dragging the brakes at low speed!

atlaz
    Free Member

Absolutely AWESOME fun if you forget to bed them in and then try to grab a big handful of rear brake at the traffic lights.

pantsonfire
    Free Member

I got run over at Llandegla in the car park. Some clown had just picked up his brand new bike at the shop rode it down the slope to the car park, put the brand new brakes on couldnt slow down panicked and clattered muggins who was just standing by the car waiting for his mate to put his gloves on.

Oh how I laughed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bedding In XT Discs’ is closed to new replies.