Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • BB mount chain devices & press fit BB – compatibility??
  • cabeaumont
    Free Member

Stw collective,

I am looking at converting my Trek Fuel ex8 to single chainring with some sort of retention device. Thing is, the 2010 fuel comes with a press fit bottom bracket – is it possible to fit a bottom bracket monted chain device with press fit?

Cheers

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

In a word, No. You’ll need to wait until the seattube mounted ones are released, that is if they’ll fit on the fuel frames??

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

How does the front mech fit? To the seat tube? If so, that new mega bucks E-13/MRP will fit. Anything BB mounted? No.

alexxx
    Free Member

get one of those ndevice things what are they called? seattube mounted just to stop the chain jumping down, depends if your doing more extreme stuff if its just hardcore xc then that’d be fine with a chain tensioner on the back from superstar

mansonsoul
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at this too cabeaumont, doesn’t look like there’s any way to run a proper chain device. Why do manufacturers feel the need to ‘improve’ their bikes with this sort of thing?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘BB mount chain devices & press fit BB – compatibility??’ is closed to new replies.