Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Baggies that don't fall apart..
  • Spud

What do you recommend?

benjag
    Free Member

Altura and Royal, both tough as nails.

Edric64
    Free Member

Any cheap black shorts with lycra ones underneath.Baggies are way to expensive

ton

mace
    tougher than me……….. 😉

Pieface

I got some Spesh Enduro's a couple of years ago – the ones that STW rated as best in test at the time. The liner was OK (detachable), but the outers are great. Nice and light but quite tough.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

not endura. last two pairs have died on me.

Spud

Yep its Endura that have gone.

UK-FLATLANDER

Sugoi Gustovs – had mine for 4-5 years still going strong

sslowpace
    Free Member

Seconded the Sugoi Gustovs. Superb shorts.

flap_jack
    Free Member

oh, great. just received some enduras from CRC today. How long will they last…

sambob
    Free Member

polaris freeride, i had mine for 3 years and they stilll looked new. i only changed them because they got too small

Nick

I'm still waiting for three pairs of endura shorts to fail on me, one pair is 7 years old, will I have to wait much longer? I'd like to try some of the ones recommended on here!

stevomcd
    Free Member

Oakley.

coogan
    Free Member

Mace.

nickc

Have the Gustovs changed the liner? Mine was shit. really odd shape and small and TBH although the outers are tough, they soak up water like a sponge, so are only really OK in the Summer. V disappointed when they're so expensive

brakes
    Free Member

I've got some Scott ones that are a couple of years old
    wear them every day, crash in them at weekends and no signs of wear at all
    lined and a bit warm in the summer though
    unlike the Fox Sergeant ones I had which just about lasted a year of the same treatment, but by that time had a big hole in the crotch, a broken zip and holes in all 4 pockets

james
    Free Member

Not endura humvees

Endura Singletracks are very good, no inner though, but you wouldn't be getting very good ones at that price anyway?

grumm
    Free Member

Spesh Enduro +1 – best shorts I've got, had em ages and I've knackered quite a few others I've had much less time.

naokfreek
    Free Member

Had a pair of Oakley baggies, worn everyday whilst couriering, so alot, two years before they died, and got them 40% off so all good.

On some Cannondale Grind baggies now, very comfy liner and a tough outer, may get a bit hot in the summer but for cooler stuff seem good so far, they were also reduced and recon they'll last well.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"Endura Singletracks are very good"

+1

grumm
    Free Member

Endura Singletracks are very good

Mine didn't last long at all before coming apart at the seams.

dogmatix

fox DH shorts are rock solid… wouldn't get royal though… i had some freeride shorts and they fell apart…

Northwind

Altura Mayhem. Pretty much perfect unless you want waterproofing. They even come with a fairly decent liner, if you like that sort of thing. Also cheap.

samuri
    Free Member

My enduras are still going strong after lots of hard use well over a year now. Still look like brand new.

But they are nothing to my Kona shorts that they don't make any more, I've had them pretty much since I started (modern) mountain biking, picked them out of a halfords bargain bin. They've now lasted 12 years and apart from looking a bit scuffed on the arse, they're still great.

jedi

i like casual wear baggies. cycling specific ones are daft money

Baldysquirt

I've found new endura stuff to be pretty poor and to come apart at the exposed seams in the crotch area very quickly (and all of my riding mates have also). My older sets of shorts lasted a number of years and one pair is still going strong.

hora
    Free Member

Not endura humvees

Endura Singletracks

Agree, both are shite. The Humvees are also very heavy- why?!

The Singletrack shorts feel great on but the strap etc fell to pieces after 6months.

Will look up Mace.

gazc
    Free Member

my endura humvees and singletracks have both come apart at the seams 🙁 using some decathlon ones at mo but not been long enough to see if they'll fall to bits just yet

slimtubing
    Free Member

I've had 2 pairs of Zoic baggies both of which have had crap liners but great outers, just wear endura padded knicks under them.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

jedi and Edric 64 what 'normal' shorts do you wear?

I've found with non cycling baggies that I wear through the arse in about a year.

sslowpace
    Free Member

NickC, I think the Sugoi have changed. I've an old pair (4yrs) and they are of a heavier weight fabric and slightly slimmer cut. Current ones seem to be of a ripstop style lightweight construction. And a baggier fit too.

tootin

I have Sombrio Badass bike shorts, havn't fallen apart yet, and they look damn cool

bintangman
    Free Member

Dakine ones are a revelation, compared to Singletracks. With knee warmers they've kept me warm and dryish all winter and haven't put my trousers on at all. I find I don't even need to be wearing liners. Wore my singletracks for the first time in a while and got a soaking within 10 mins. Stupidly expensive though, £80…for a pair of shorts is insane.

Edric64
    Free Member

Yes I do wear shorts out in a year to 18 months but shop in charity shops and wear cheap no fear stuff from lillywhites

kimbers

my endura zymes seem tough after a year of dh/ xc abuse

hilldodger
    Free Member

Nema

AndyPaice
    Free Member

Race Face DH shorts. Light enough for all round riding but very tough.

duir
    Free Member

Sombrio Badass and Pinner shorts for me. They are equally at home on world cup DH courses ans they are on an all day mountain epic. Very tough, quick drying and packed with loads of well thought out clever features.

and best of all, both pairs for under £30 brand new with tags from the bay.

Enjoy.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

had some scott ones – 4 years and counting – reckon I've got at least another season in em.

humvees – comfy and full of pockets. have required a few sewing sessions though. My croth must have some extreme corrosive properties though.

younggeoff

yep endura's seams do come apart, had to repair a few of my pairs probably not helped by sitting ont eh nose of the saddle for really steep climbs though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Baggies that don't fall apart..’ is closed to new replies.