• This topic has 32 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by anc.
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Awesome BMW owner?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Anyone we know?

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Well – the intention was there, just failed in execution!

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Lol!

Took me a few seconds…

M6TTF
    Free Member

Rofl that’s superb

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Lol excellent.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

What isnt awesome is that this was posted days ago.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

What isnt awesome is that this was posted days ago.

Hangs head in failure to search shame 😳

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Ha Ha “FAIL”

Pigface
    Free Member

A mate bought some Michelin Nordics for his 330 and it goes everywhere now. They dont look like typical snow tyres but they work so well it is astonishing what a difference they have made.

Onzadog
    Free Member

That took me a moment. However, I was impressed at how well the wife got it with a little coaxing.

PeteG55
    Free Member

This picture is definately doing the rounds. Still funny though.

markrh
    Free Member

On the plus side for us bmw drivers in these conditions I can see the road ahead perfectly through the drivers side window.. and then the passenger window, then the rear window, so no need to clean the snow off the windscreen…result!

psychle
    Free Member

I’m going to betray my ignorance and ask what the problem is? Is it the snow chains on the front wheels (with all BMW’s, I think, being rear wheel drive?) Never used snow chains being from Oz, so no idea if this is the joke? 😕

sc-xc

^no…

It’s his number plate! You can’t read the letters!

clubber
    Free Member

(yes, psychle, correct)

I got stuck at the top of my road waiting for a numpty in a BMW to try and boot up up the hill and failing miserably. After the 20th attempt, you’d think he might have either given up or reversed so that I could get down the hill but, no… 🙄

Speshpaul

“you’d think he might have either given up or reversed so that I could get down the hill but, no… “

he’d still have no weight over the driven wheels. You could have got in the boot for him.

Milkie
    Free Member

I think this is the most Awesome British BMW Snow Driver…

What not to do when your car is stuck

clubber
    Free Member

Speshpaul – seemed to work fine when he finally gave up… gravity and all that…

tankslapper
    Free Member

Are we sure the pictured car isn’t a BMW x-drive / 4 wheel drive?

donsimon
    Free Member

😆 There are some things you just can’t buy. 😆

tankslapper
    Free Member

BMW 3 Series X Drive

Although I admit its probably an older vehicle 😆

anc
    Free Member

Having the chains on the front means the car will brake and steer better, so maybe there not quite so daft as you think. Sure they will have very little traction to get going.
    Rear wheel drive cars really need chains on the front and the rear because if you put them on the rear the car will understeer terribly.

lipseal
    Free Member
    Jamie
    Free Member

I think this is the most Awesome British BMW Snow Driver…

Wow. Just wow.

The guy could/should have offered to help her though.

s
    Free Member

Na its common practice for said 1 series owners 😉

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Right – Enough if these pictures. The fact that people are so eager to point them out illustrates one of the great problems with driving attitudes in this country – the one that says it’s more important to go than it is to turn or stop.

sc-xc

I can’t believe that someone was filming that. They would have had the camera or phone shoved right up their arses if it was me.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Wasn’t there a survey done a while back with +90% of 1-Series drivers thought their car was FWD?

IanMunro
    Free Member

The thing is, as it’s a residential road, it’s perfectly possible that he already knew her and it’s also perfectly possible that she may be an obnoxious cow who any sane person wouldn’t piss on if she was on fire.
    Of course, the person filming could themselves be a heartless git, iether way it kinda of illustrates the problems of making judgements on a situation just based on one snapshot.

emac65
    Free Member

Having the chains on the front means the car will brake and steer better, so maybe there not quite so daft as you think. Sure they will have very little traction to get going.
    Rear wheel drive cars really need chains on the front and the rear because if you put them on the rear the car will understeer terribly.

Way back when,when most cars were RWD we could always steer where we wanted to go,it was getting going that was the problem & if the road was a bit off camber cars could be seen going down the road side ways on full lock on a regular basis.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Right – Enough if these pictures. The fact that people are so eager to point them out illustrates one of the great problems with driving attitudes in this country – the one that says it’s more important to go than it is to turn or stop.

I think what the pictures are pointing out is the stupidity of people who will buy two tons of metal and glass capable of reaching speeds of 100+ miles per hour, but either a. Don’t know what wheels actually drive their car, so putting snowchains on the front wont make you stop any faster because you’re not going anywhere in the first place. or b. putting a car in gear then getting out and pushing said car. Last time i checked cars neither steer or stop themselves

While I may not be the greatest driver ever to roam the earth, i have seen some incredibly stupid people making increasingly poorer decisions in the bad road conditions we have at the moment and I’m truly amazed that the death toll hasn’t been much higher this year.

alfabus
    Free Member

not restricted to bmw drivers… i had a long conversation a couple of years ago with a french bloke who was repeatedly failing to get his mondeo up the steep exit slope of the alpine apartment buiding i was staying in.

He had snow chains, but they were on the back wheels… front wheels spinning like crazy, back wheels understandably doing nothing.

He insisted that his was a special french mondeo which was rear wheel drive. leaning down and pointing at the lack of drive shafts on the rear, and the very obvious drive shafts on the front, and demonstrating that the front wheels were spinning did nothing to convince him. ‘Non!, c’est une voiture Francais!’

left him to it

Dave

anc
    Free Member

Way back when,when most cars were RWD we could always steer where we wanted go,it was getting going that was the problem & if the road was a bit off camber cars could be seen going down the road side ways on full lock on a regular basis.

Yes but way back in those days they had thinner tyres which were good in the snow, the big low profile jobbys bmw’s come with will handle horribly when the rear is applying too much rear traction in slippery conditions, as said chains on all 4 wheels is the best bet.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Awesome BMW owner?’ is closed to new replies.