Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • aw crap, another great gone
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member
    cinnamon_girl

I thought David Coverdale was on vocals in Rainbow? He was when I went to see them … but it was rather a long time ago!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Bugger – i remember meeting him after his gig at Manchester Appollo on the Last In Line tour, must have been 84/85.

Two things i remember – how short he was & how friendly he was, his smile lit the room up.

RIP fella. 😥

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I thought David Coverdale was on vocals in Rainbow?

Dio vocalled for them too. Also vocalled for Sabbath after they sacked Ozzy and fronted his own band (Dio) (amongst other bands too I assume).

Sad loss but at least it wasn't another drug-fuelled overdose cry for help – he seemed to enjoy his life and didn't take the whole music business lark too seriously.

mavisto
    Free Member

I was lucky enough to meet him and most of the other member of Sabbath in the Red House in Newcastle in 1992 (My hero Tony stayed in the hotel).

We were not sure it was him because, as muddydwarf pointed out, he was tiny. But what a really genuine nice guy. One of the friends I was with got him to sign his T shirt. Ronnie also took a dollar bill out of his wallet and signed that for him too. We must have spent about 2 hours chatting with them about Sabbath and Dio and rock music in general. We also reminded Vinny Appice of a night at Bingley Hall when the dry ice machine behind his drums exploded and gave his arse frost bite.

A sad day indeed!!!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

A dark day for the crazy rock genre for sure.
    😥

TheTompy
    Free Member

Yeah I met him briefly at Newcastle City Hall on the Holy Diver tour. He was tiny and dead friendly even to spotty teenagers like me and me pals.

An absolutely belting singer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘aw crap, another great gone’ is closed to new replies.