Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Avoiding Stinky Office Syndrome?
  • Tinbred
    Free Member

The showers at work just got demolished as part of a major re-build.
    I have 12 miles to ride, not a massive commute, but to far to not get warm and moist.
    Top tips for not smelling like a forgotten kit bag in a 3 o’clock client meeting please.

Multiple business/offices sharing one toilet makes dunkin glonuts in the sink relatively unacceptable.

Clover

Merino jersey. Good towel down (take towel home and wash frequently). Don clean clothes stored at work.

🙂

andy7t2
    Free Member

baby wipes and deodorant at work

trail_rat
    Free Member

I found asking why they removed the showers to be effective

But i regularly have to queue formthe two availible currently

There was one shower proposed in the remodel , i presented some usage facts now we are getting 5 in one building and 2 in the one across the road .

Although for 300 employees we are only getting 100 car spaces so i suggested that with propper facilities more folk would cycle – lockers and showers already converted 3 more folk to cycling to work who are loving escaping the evening traffic.

I had a similar argument about cycle parking facilitys

andyl
    Free Member

Do they not have to provide temporary showers?

GrahamS

baby wipes and deodorant at work

Yep that’s what I do. Big pack of cheapo baby wipes (Asda ones smell quite neutral) and deodorant.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Maybe It’s just me but I found I was okay to towel off clean sweat but baby wipes and sweat left me feeling stinky. However, they are great for cleaning your bike. Witch hazel or testers oil wipe are good for the sac and crack though.

Tinbred
    Free Member

trail rat, different culture here in NZ, it is still socially acceptable to own a 5 litre V8 and cyclists are tolerated on roads for the amusement factor they provide to other drivers.

NZCol

Tinbred – where are ya ?
    Monster pack of baby wipes here, regular towel refresh and some dunkin work where possible. Same issue, our facilities are p1sh and only now am i getting traction to sorting it out. And only because I ‘own’ the business !

Tinbred
    Free Member

NZCol,
    Richmond near Nelson.

Urgent seismic improvements have lead to whole building getting gutted and re-built.

NZCol

Ahhh I see. Nice part of the world, you must hate the amount of epic singletrack on your doorstep 😉 I spend a bit of time around there, mainly around Mapua/Mot normally.

jim_bob

A shower just before riding in works for me. Plus merino kit whenever possible. Helps that my colleagues don’t mind me working in my kit for a few minutes while I cool down…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think there was a Muc Off now shower thing somewhere, never tried it tough

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Avoiding Stinky Office Syndrome?’ is closed to new replies.