Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Avid Juicy Pad Retainer Clip
  • Sparky77
    Free Member

Anyone got any ideas of where to get one of these from? I managed to loose one, so had to rob one from my Dad’s birthday pressie :-S Even trying to put that on proved to be a right old hassle with some clarks pads that I have just bought. Is it supposed to be bloody awkward to get the darn things on?

Also, can’t find anywhere that stocks spare pad springs, would be handy to get a few of these too.

DezB
    Free Member

Do you mean these – http://www.discobrakes.com/?s=0&t=0&c=2&p=5&

Or the ones in the top of the caliper?

Sparky77
    Free Member

@DezB, it’s both I’m after, would be good to get both from the same place to save on postage etc

@Simon1975, that’s the one. There out of stock though, have e-mailed them to see when they shall be expecting them back in. Cheers.

Pook

You don’t need it. I’ve run mine without years with no problems. The recess on the pad holds it in place just fine

foxyrider
    Free Member

I am not sure they actually do anything really – lost one of mine and my pads have been fine? 😳

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

I don’t have them any more either, pads have never fallen out.

I wouldn’t bother buying springs either, just keep an old one the next time you swap pads. Only in you run the pads right down to the metal is the spring destroyed, and I haven’t had one snap or fall out.

I have juicy 5’s

Ambrose

Always had new springs with new pads. I lost the retaining clips from my 7’s years ago, never had a problem apart from squealing when they are massively hot.

joolsburger
    Free Member

None on my 7s either you don’t need them.

james
    Free Member

So long as you haven’t chipped the piston centres, you don’t need the pad retention clip off the top of the caliper. They just make changing pads a lot more difficult

“Only in you run the pads right down to the metal is the spring destroyed”
    Mine get caught by the rotor and snap off mid ride when the pads get down to the thickness of the pad seperating spring?

Ambrose

Likewise

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Avid Juicy Pad Retainer Clip’ is closed to new replies.