Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Audio books as a gift??
  • albino
    Free Member

Anyone got any ideas where/how I can go about buying some Audiobooks (or vouchers)to play on an Android phone for a present? (So audio files rather than CD etc). All the services I’ve googled seem to require signing up for a monthly subscription and downloading a set number per month.
    Ta

user-removed
    Free Member

Audible used to do gift vouchers, but it looks like they’ve temporarily stopped doing them

http://audible-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4044/kw/buy%20gift

If you buy an Amazon gift voucher though, the recipient can buy an audiobook through audible with it….

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Audible let’s you buy individual books (well it did for me last chrstmas). Otherwise the royal blind website has just about the biggest audio book library ever. I’ve never bought from them tho. Otherwise torrent and buy the paperback to ease your conscience.

#edit – user removed is more up to date than me on audible.

user-removed
    Free Member

Oh and actually, Audible’s files won’t play on my HTC Desire S, so you may be sh1t outta luck there too. Perhaps you could pick up a Sansa 2GB clip player and preload it with a couple of good listens?

Torrent stuff tends not to be broken down into chapters which is a pain, and often requires ten minutes of fuddling about trying to find your place IME.

albino
    Free Member

Hmmm..thanks for the info cjaps. Seems a right old faff to sort out some thing that should be dead simple. Think I might go down the route of paperback plus torrent…or a good old book token, if they still do them?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Audio books as a gift??’ is closed to new replies.