• This topic has 199 replies, 80 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by fbk.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 200 total)
  • Audi, Atrocious?
  • lewismorgan
    Free Member

Recently I purchased a nice juicy 3.2 TT 55 plate, 29000 miles on the clock, Full Audi History and never a fault gone wrong with it.
    Drives absolutely beautifyl and the DSG makes it the simplest most enjoyable car I’ve driven in my time.

Coming home last weekend and the battery light flashed up on the dash, shortly after the car stopped and that was it! AA came out and we diagnosed it as the alternator, as even with a battery booster the car was drawing near on 22A 8 over what it should be. We managed to get it to the nearest Audi garage who have had a look today.

They’ve contacted me and quoted me £420 to fit a new alternator, when i questioned the case of the whole alternator going there was no real response and they just acclaimed the whole thing needed replacing!

I then spoke to Audi themselves and when mentioning the age and milage of the car, they spoke like it was a normal occurence, My Nissan Primera sports a 1999 and done 200,000 miles, never had a service bar the odd oil change and it still runs sweet as a nut!

I then told the garage i was happy to go ahead, but i wanted my old alternator back. My son’s an electrical engineer and he could take a look at it.

£250 to return this as they said it was exchanged with Audi, I thought surely i must be entitled to a part on a car i own myself!!

If i request the Diagnosis sheet and give it to an Audi enginner (a friend of mine) will he be able to interret it and tell me if i do need a whole new alternator?

I’m not going to Lie, im fairly frustrated!

sweepy
    Free Member

Welcome to Audiworld (Flat tyre? No you cant use that airline at the garage sir, you need special Audi air. That’ll be £300)

woody2000

Expensive car in expensive to maintain shocker.

What a sh*t post 😕

Suck it up hairdresser boy

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ransos
    Free Member

An auto electrician could probably re-build your alternator for a fraction of what you’ve been quoted.

lewismorgan
    Free Member

Call it a hairdressers car all you like, but it will most probably spank your car
    and if your not interested, leave, simple as

lewismorgan
    Free Member

Problem is, I cant get it to an auto electrician !
    and you can’t toe it!

donsimon
    Free Member

Best not aspire to own a Ferrari then.
    Isn’t it normal to buy a car that you can afford to run?

lewismorgan
    Free Member

I can afford to run it,
    But Thats not the point, im careful how i spend my money
    and thats the reason why i can afford these luxuries 🙂

nickf
    Free Member

Problem is, I cant get it to an auto electrician !

Charge the battery, then drive it to an auto electrician

OR

Take a spare battery in, run it from that whilst driving it to the auto electrician

OR

Get a mobile auto electrician to sort it wherever it currently is

OR

Pay Audi to fit it. Most expensive, least hassle.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

and thats the reason why i can afford these luxuries

And at that point, the thread went mental 🙂

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Nah you don’t need a whole new alternator they are talking bollocks. Tell them to just replace the bad half.

lewismorgan
    Free Member

that your car woody?
    and you said mine was a hairdresser car? haha see you in my exhaust fumes

jimc101
    Free Member

£250 to return this as they said it was exchanged with Audi, I thought surely i must be entitled to a part on a car i own myself!!

Don’t see a problem with being charged for the exchange unit, the cost of the one they fitted would have been discounted for the exchange, if you want it, they will have to pay for that.

Out of warranty tho, would look at an independant VAG garage for service, rather than pay full price at an Audi dealer

bigyinn
    Free Member

Hmm, thats not a great mileage for an alternator, its not like they can be serviced either!
    IIRC it tends to be the diode packs on alternators that go. Sometimes these can be replaced.
    I’d really try and get it to an auto electrician. Are there any mobile ones that could come out?

nickf
    Free Member

haha see you in my exhaust fumes

At the moment, that’s a challenge I’d not be offering, if I were you.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

see you in my exhaust fumes

And the thread went even mentaller

EDIT: nickf copied and pasted faster than I…I’m obviously only in the 2.0 TT

Davesport

Two issues spring to mind. One, buying parts from Audi is never going to be cheap. Two, it’s called “service exchange” they’ve basically given you a trade in on your old alty. I.E. rebated you to the tune of £250 quid. You can have the old stuff back but you’ll have to then buy the new part at the full price.

Think yourself lucky that your Nissan GTR did’nt get a puncture in the newish rear tyre that cost £600 to replace. And further to this owners also get tromboned to the tune of £250 PH for work carried out by the spanner monkey. Not my car BTW.

D.

yossarian
    Free Member

My wife wants a Q5. Shall I kill her?

donsimon
    Free Member

Only just bought it and the rings have gone already, not your week, is it?

jackthedog
    Free Member

Goodness me, that’ll go down well on here.

Edukator
    Free Member

Spoken like a true Audi TT owner. Nice to know it costs so much to buy into the sterotype.

lewismorgan
    Free Member

Well I can’t say im too impressed with Audi at the minute!
    Lets hope it improves!
    Min dyou the car (when its not burning cash) is the best car I’ve driven out of a variety of porsche’s and beamers

Edukator
    Free Member

Brag, brag, brag, yawn… .

bullheart
    Free Member

Suck it up hairdresser boy

Most amazing put-down of the week! 😆

lewismorgan
    Free Member

want to get any more sour about your jealousy?

donsimon
    Free Member

Goodness me, that’ll go down well on here.

Trying hard to be a troll, obviously struggling as he has to keep coming back with more and more outlandish comments.
    This could be tonight’s entertainment sorted.

CHB

My wife thinks all Audi drivers are wayne kerrs. I pointed out that I drive an A2. She says thats doesn’t count!
    Lewis, parts sometimes fail. Parts also sometimes last 200,000miles. Its called MTBF. What you need is to MTFU.
    😈

yossarian
    Free Member

want to get any more sour about your jealousy?

I am impressed by your pugnacity.

I bet you have lovely hair.

And teeth.

Do you live near a bus stop?

lewismorgan
    Free Member

It’s a fair point, its just not the service i excpected from an Audi dealer.
    Nice to see someone is actually talking about the OP,
    unlike most of the babies on here

rs
    Free Member

It’s a fair point, its just not the service i excpected from an Audi dealer

Don’t tell me you expected reasonable prices from an audi dealer 😆

davidrussell
    Free Member

you are surf-Mat and i claim my five pounds.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

but it will most probably spank your car

Not mine though. I have a Bugatti Veyron. Do i win?

nickf
    Free Member

I’ve got some Jaffa Cakes (not biscuits: the clue’s in the name) and some Badger Golden Glory. Settling in for the evening…….

CHB

oh you get used to the bear baiting numpties…just think of them like rustling crisp packets in a cinema. You can either get angry and confront it, or continue watching the movie and filter out the noise.

I bet you do have lovely hair though. Toupes these days are amazing.

lewismorgan
    Free Member

lets open it up then, what do you drive a blue lupo? wouldn’t suprise me,
    or do you go on pussy patrols in that old volvo estates of yours
    go get your smidge wet over babestation its as close gto as a wife your ever going to get

loddrik
    Free Member

Jealous of a 6 year old big petrol engined TT…?

My god, that’s truly pathetic if that’s what you think. Most people wouldn’t touch one with a barge pole, the Audi dealer must have thought it was Christmas that someone actually bought it off them. And when did people become jealous of someone else driving a £10k car…

Edukator
    Free Member

He think’s we’re jealous, poor deluded victim of the marketing men in blue-tinted specs.

I was given a lift in the back of a TT by the local VW/Audi dealer a few weeks after the launch (no that isn’t a typing error). I couldn’t help but ask why with the whole range to choose from he drove the most impractical one. A few weeks later he was back in a saloon.

lewismorgan
    Free Member

k

lewismorgan
    Free Member

6 year old big petrol engined

does this imply you drive a diesel?
    :’)

CHB

Oooouch, was that aimed at me. Appologies if i touched a nerve, it was meant in jest and wasn’t meant to be hairist or anything. My aged volvo estate is luvverly thanks, though these days mrs hb has taken it over and is now an ardent Volvo fan…more karen millen than grey cardie though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 200 total)

The topic ‘Audi, Atrocious?’ is closed to new replies.