Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • At what age are we 'Middle Aged'?
  • Bregante

Bregante thought I saw you cycle past the closed brothel/Williams mini garage yesterday about 7.30pm? You looked worn out/knackered!

Defo not me mate. Not commuting by bike at the mo and don’t ride anywhere near there when I do. And I’m a finely tuned athlete so don’t get knackered. Must be my unfit biking doppelgänger 🙂

gordimhor

I am middle aged and it feels good.

hora
    Free Member

I’ve got it. You know you are heading towards/are middle-aged if you think hitting the rev line is wrong for a multitude of reasons

and

Overtaking is dangerous- if someone attempts to overtake you you also accelerate to frustrate/piss them off.

I had this happen to me at the weekend.

epicyclo

You may not feel middle aged, but there’s a sure test.

It’s when you make a witty off colour remark and a younger woman looks at you like you’re a dog turd.

It can happen in your 20s 🙂

dannyh
    Free Member

Easy.

It’s whenever you first begin to dread the hangover before even going out the night before.

That is what is known as a ‘tipping point’.

Coyote
    Free Member

46 and still not sure what I want to be when I grow up.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

46 and still not sure what I want to be when I grow up.

Damn you Coyote, that’s word-for-word what I was about to post (except I’m still 45 for a month or so yet) 😉

petergee
    Free Member

I’m 45 and physically I feel middle-aged but I’m still kicking. In my head, very little has changed. The 27 year-old I work with was born middle-aged. Many happy returns!

Trekster

teethgrinder – Member
    (The age you consider a people carrier exciting)/2

I have one, not for excitement but for function. 5 grand kids to cart around and a caravan for weekends/weeks away.
    Late 50s, completed the Highland Perth Enduro at the weekend, not last but not far off 🙄

MrTall
    Free Member

I’m 40 and rode 1002 miles last month (my best ever) and got my first Strava KOM last night (i’m a gnarly towpath shredder!).

Probably in the best shape of my life so don’t quite feel middle aged yet although i have a feeling it’s not too far around the corner….

chewkw
    Free Member

If your parents / grandparents average age is 80 then yours should be 40.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘At what age are we 'Middle Aged'?’ is closed to new replies.