Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)
  • Aston Martin Vantage – Roofrack????
  • nomadic
    Free Member

Strange question I know, but does anyone know if you can get a roofrack suitable for carrying a bike on a 2007 Aston Martin Vantage! (let the abuse begin!) I'm serious though, lol!

tankslapper
    Free Member

Gaffer Tape is the answer……

mikewsmith
    Free Member

At least you wont be bothered by the increase in fuel consumption, do Thule not do one?

scaredypants

you can get inflatable ones, supposedly suitable for any car

send the butler down to Aldi, they sometimes have 'em in 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Surely your gentleman's gentleman can follow with the bikes in one of the other cars?

IanMunro
    Free Member

nomadic
    Free Member

all very helpful, lol! and to be expected! Mrs Nomadic doesn't want me taking the compulsory 4×4 biking and leaving her with the 3 small nomads and no suitable car, so we are currently undergoing deep discussions before i buy the object of my mid life crisis 😉

ronjeremy
    Free Member

As they say if you cannot fix it with Gaffer tape then you are not using enough!!!

nomadic
    Free Member

cheers ian, that looks perfect, i'll order it tomorrow 🙂

ivnickkate
    Free Member

I found this website for you
    http://www.my-aston-martin-is-rubbish.co.uk/

Sorry, I'm only jealous.

samuri
    Free Member

can you not get towbars that can detach when you're not using them? So get one of those fitted, keep it detached when it's not in use but when you need to transport bikes, fit it and get a towbar mounted device.

To be frank though, if you can afford a 4×4 and a vantage, I'm sure you can also afford a car to go mountain biking in. I'd never in a million years take a vantage mountain biking, it'd get covered in mud, scratched, stink of wet clothes. I'd just buy a cheap transit.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I would hazard a guess you were at Ten Under The Ben with said Aston & 4×4???

rj
    Free Member

If you bought an Alfa Romeo Brera instead, you could fit 2 bikes in the back and people wouldn't hate you as much. And it's prettier.

nomadic
    Free Member

'ten under the ben'? Que?

redthunder
    Free Member

I use an inflatable one on my AC Cobra. It should be OK on your Aston IMO.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Saw one on a Porsche 911 at Glentress last weekend.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Same problem with the Merc CL. Either send your luggage ahead or get an inflatable one. They are preety rubbish though

nomadic
    Free Member

rj, given the reliability of the afa romeo, i'd probably never get to my destination to go biking either 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

rj – Member
    If you bought an Alfa Romeo Brera instead, you could fit 2 bikes in the back and people wouldn't hate you as much. And it's prettier.

Brera? Prettier than an Aston? No.

OK so the new Vantage isn't a patch on a real Vantage…

but it's still far better than some jumped up Fiat.

nomadic
    Free Member

now you're talking captain, but it would have to be the 600 bhp le mans version 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Or the SWB V600 Le Mans Volante, I suspect…!

*droooooool*

nomadic
    Free Member

yeah baby 🙂

nomadic
    Free Member

are people serious about these inflatable ones? anyone got a link to a website?

lowey

Can you not put a towbar on it ? 😆

nomadic
    Free Member

thanks lowey you're a great help, lol

nomadic
    Free Member

thanks lowey you're a great help, lol

nomadic
    Free Member

oops, lol 😉

marsdenman
    Free Member

Here you go….
    saw one on car on the M1 on friday with a kayak strapped to it – was a first for me, had to rub my eyes….

can't imagine it will do the paintwork much good though…….

Zedsdead
    Free Member

If you're serious, just buy a £500 runabout, then you won't care what happens to it. That way the AM is kept nice.

nomadic
    Free Member

i have an old freelander as well as the wifes range rover sport, but was trying to get away from too many cars, carbon footprint the size of a yeti etc…………;)

RichPenny
    Free Member

Those are hideous CFH. They look like dodgy Austalian muscle cars.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Those are hideous CFH.

Agreed. When you said a real Vantage I assumed you meant one of these:

samuri
    Free Member

Here you go, as an example.

http://www.motabars.co.uk/rem.html

Fit the towbar when you want to fit bikes, remove it when you don't and the fittings can't be seen.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I would expect my chauffer to drive 'my other car' with the bike attached.

MTT
    Free Member

nah man, you want the works 600 vantage. They gave it nostrils before they were banned from producing it due to its emissions (think small developed nation);

MTT
    Free Member

PS. Worst "I am expecting some inheritance" thread ever. 😀

nomadic
    Free Member

well i expected a certain amount of abuse, and rightly so, but some of it has been useful, thank you! I think the concensus of opinion is that I should get my butler to drive my bikes there in another car – brilliant! Can't imagine why i didn't think of that 😉

Nick

but was trying to get away from too many cars, carbon footprint the size of a yeti etc…………;)

From an environmental viewpoint a butler would be a disaster, at least without one you can only drive one car at a time.

nomadic
    Free Member

good thinking nick 🙂

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

tow bar mounted bike rack, keep it off the paint work. or buy another car to ferry bikes… the trick is that usually you've saved for the car of yer dreams and maybe dont want another road tax/mot/service/insurance… just cos you have the nice car doesnt mean you want the expense of another car. People think cos you have a bling car you've got the dosh but it isnt always the case. earn more spend more.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Aston Martin Vantage – Roofrack????’ is closed to new replies.