Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 214 total)
  • are you single?
  • mrsconsequence
    Free Member

I looked on those sites the same as you would Autotrader. There full of used vehicles. You want to test ride a few cars, as close together as possible, for comparisson purposes before deciding that you’d rather ride your bike anyways.

LOL

Interesting thread to read from a non-single girls perspective, if I were a bloke I’d be single out of choice. I annoy myself… Definitely avoid emotional ones mboy, women can store up a whole load of crazy!

chewkw
    Free Member

Single not by choice … hmmm … wonder if my shoes are the problem … 😐

They just understand shoes …

wrightyson
    Free Member

Bubbly = fat!

HermanShake
    Free Member

I haven’t been single for 6 years, everybody’s pretty mental once you scratch the surface; you just need to find a variety of unhinged that works with yours.

LycraLout
    Free Member

Bubbly = fat!

and really REALLY REALLY annoying

Anyway single for about 10 years, 6 mths=long term. Tried a dating website, met one really mental case, one quite nice lass but nothing happened and a lovely woman I’m with a year later. She probably is mental, but see above, same kind of mental as me, so woohoo

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

everybody’s pretty mental once you scratch the surface; you just need to find a variety of unhinged that works with yours.

Yep, this pretty much nails it. It’s when people become convinced they’re totally sane and everyone else has some kind of problem that they’re a small step away from dismembering prostitutes and making stuff out of them.

mboy
    Free Member

Definitely avoid emotional ones mboy, women can store up a whole load of crazy!

LOL, so can men too BTW!

BTW, you actually chatted to my ex at Swinley last year some time too… Haha.

sharki
    Free Member

Single, mainly due to my lifestyle choice.

Being homeless and Jobless aren’t massive factors in making a bloke on the cusp of 40 yrs old eligible..or at least so you might think…

It’s bizarre really, wherever i wander, the more adventures i have, the more random my life gets, i seem to become someone of interest. With the love and admiration for all things living, my positive outlook, optimistic views. Having the time of day to talk with nice people and to offer help where i can, sharing life through my eyes, etc..

It appears my lack of material things means little to some women and they want to take me in, perhaps to mother me, care for me, maybe just to saturate themselves with my carefree and spiritual calm..

If i was to settle i’d not be alone for long, however i still fear i’d end up with a wrong un again. Torn and damaged i am, still hurting from the last evil spell from the ex. From her i lost my freedom which almost stole my life.

When it’s time, that time will be right only then will i be single no more.

Sharki, Happy dating all you seekers of the unknown.

mrsconsequence
    Free Member

Ha yea I’ve come across a few emotionally unhinged blokes, but never one that explodes with crazy and are unmanageable like some females (including myself in some bad moods). I think we’re wired differently..

Mboy, I chatted to your ex at Swinley?

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

I’ve come across a few emotionally unhinged blokes, but never one that explodes with crazy and are unmanageable

tbf, i share an office with someone who researches domestic violence and I wouldn’t be in a huge hurry to agree with that, at least based on the things I hear.

sharki, blessed be man. I hope the spell gets banished and your paths are full of possibility.

mrsconsequence
    Free Member

HeathenWoods that is a very fair point, I’ll come back to this in a few weeks once I’ve started working with male perpetrators of DV… Although, I think I view that kind of explosion different to a female explosion of crazy, perhaps cos females can twist or confuse everything so incredibly that it becomes complicated and scary.

_tom_
    Free Member

Yes. I think mainly because I can be awkward to talk to and don’t do commitment very well.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Hmm, I’d say reality – particularly emotional reality (if there is such a thing) – is complicated and scary! I tend to find that men simplify it in a way that means they don’t have to face up to its complexities until a point comes when fate forces their hand and then -snap- the shit hits the fan. Still, with six billion people in the world, all getting it on in a wild variety of ways, there’s always going to be a lot of different perspectives about this 🙂

mrsconsequence
    Free Member

Hmm I like the way you put it Heathen, maybe that’s why men and women do work together.. Men try and simplify any issues a female may be facing (I know Philconsequence does and it helps me a truck load!) and females can somehow guide a male into the complexities a little more so and thus the world is harmonious….

mboy
    Free Member

Was last year sometime MrsC, I was chatting to Phil, you got chatting to her briefly.

mrsconsequence
    Free Member

Hmmm I dont remember any females apart from cinnamon girl.. My memory is horrendous. I was probably focusing on how scared I was bout riding with so many people and not being able to keep up! Ha

mboy
    Free Member

Was at the end, munching on the copious amounts of Haribo you guys had brought along with you… 😉

CountZero

Single? Yes. Through choice? Not really. Happy that way? Not really. Resigned to it? Yes.

kaesae
    Free Member

😯

Solo
    Free Member

@ Kaesea

I read that.

😯

CZ. Why resigned to it ?.

emma82
    Free Member

I like this thread! I’ve never been single really cos I was legally a child (@ just turned 17) when I met my OH so have no idea what it would be like. I have a few single friends but that’s not through choice, they just don’t seem to be able to find someone and with the one, she wants to be with someone but is now so independent she probably scares a few blokes off because they aren’t allowed to encroach too much or she gets rid.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Ha ha, have you seen how many lasses have pictures of themselves skydiving on those dating websites? Apparently they also like staying in with a bottle of wine and a dvd, in between jumping out of light aircraft. 😀

Solo
    Free Member

Ha ha, have you seen how many lasses have pictures of themselves skydiving on those dating websites? Apparently they also like staying in with a bottle of wine and a dvd, in between jumping out of light aircraft.

Yes !. I’m not sure what the message is. I’ve jumped out of a plane, and I like red wine.

However, I’m not sure how attractive as a potential partner that makes me ?.

I like this thread! I’ve never been single really cos I was legally a child (@ just turned 17) when I met my OH so have no idea what it would be like

Hopefully you’ve sorted your feet out ?.
    😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

you just need to find a variety of unhinged that works with yours.

One of the truest things ever written on this site!

Sane people are so flipping boring.

supertramp
    Free Member

emma82, have you ever wondered what it would be like to live alone, or even regretted never having tried it?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Yes !. I’m not sure what the message is. I’ve jumped out of a plane, and I’ll never have to do anything active again.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

emma82, have you ever wondered what it would be like to live alone, or even regretted never having tried it?

or even with someone else?

emma82
    Free Member

umm, I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t thought about it, or wondered about being with someone else, especially through some of our rough patches but I genuinely think that we have something very special and have grown together as we have gotten older rather than apart as some people who get together young do. I don’t for one second think that I would be better throwing it away just to see what happens. The way I see it if I wake up in the morning happy that hubby to be is next to me, albeit probably farting, then I’ll put up with the farting and stick with him 🙂 I find it funny that some people get so freaked out by it but I wouldn’t change anything, Im a very lucky girl.

p.s. not sure about the feet, I can’t smell. Ill have to ask the other half later!

supertramp
    Free Member

emma82, well done you!

no, don’t dump him just to test my theory, casual friendship through a forum is not that important 😉

I often wonder though if people have a ‘pairing mode’ for a certain stage of their lives, and yours was obviously in sync with someone else. Does it get harder to be a ‘significant other’ in direct proportion to the amount of time spent alone?

rossi46
    Free Member

Single? Nope- married with two kids. It means i eat a lot better than i used to but i dont get to ride anywhere near as often as id like!
    (Maybe that’ll change when the kids sod off to school!).

Solo
    Free Member

Emma82.

I’m sure your feet will be fine. It was just a contextural remark.
    🙂

Charlie.
    What in all that is good, are you saying ?.

Acutally, ignore my Q.

I can’t be 4rsed to know.
    Just so long as you’re happy dude 😉

allthegear
    Free Member

Single.

Why? Well it’s a long story but there’s been a lot of change in my life and, to be honest, I really don’t think I could have coped with being in a relationship through it all – would have been nice on occasion though…

Bit bored of it now.

Rachel

Solo
    Free Member

Bit bored of it now.

Oh yeah ?. What you gonna do about it then…..
    🙂

If my experience of online dating is anything to go by.

I’d save you the trouble.

From my perspective theres “slim pickings” in Norfolk.

allthegear
    Free Member

lolol – yeah, I can imagine!!

I’ll make a proper effort soon enough – God help the residents of Norwich lol

Rachel

allthegear
    Free Member

The thing is, I think I’m kinda starting to like being single, though. I never used to have any issues before so I’m not used to this!!

Solo
    Free Member

Hey !.

I live in Norwich.

Didn’t I once forward to you an iDave file ?.

Solo
    Free Member

The thing is, I think I’m kinda starting to like being single

😯

allthegear
    Free Member

iDave file?? no – but maybe I need it! lol

I live in KL but know lots of people in Norwich so go out there a lot. Including Friday when I saw the fab Dove and Boweevil in Olive’s…

Solo
    Free Member

HHmmm.

I did send out a fair few copies, and its not the sort of thing I’d commit to memory.

Any decent trails up there ?. Bit of a trek, the A47 isn’t the greatest road ever.

Kit
    Free Member

Yup I’m single. Is it a lifestyle choice? Er… kinda. I meet plenty of ladies I’d like to date, but who are either not single themselves or aren’t interested in a speccy ginger. But on the other hand, there’s no way I want to be in a relationship; I got messed up pretty bad a few years back 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 214 total)

The topic ‘are you single?’ is closed to new replies.