Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)
  • Are you excited about something currently?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

If so, let’s hear it.

I’m suddenly massively excited about leaving this job tomorrow! I’d be worried about jobs but I’ve got some money in the bank and two interviews next week!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

New job to start in a few weeks

jam-bo

Going to be a dad in five months time.

alfabus
    Free Member

going to the alps on saturday 🙂

slowjo
    Free Member

may be getting a new bike………… 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

The imminent arrival of Psychle Junior, due any day now… our first 😯 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Psychle, ours is due in about 3 weeks…

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I’m massively exited about team team training tonight.

Weathers going to be perfect and I missed Tuesday’s club ride so I’m itching to get out. 😀

binners

The Olympics. I can’t wait. I’ve really embraced it! I’m ded ded excited!!!

TO mark the occassion of a year to go, I’ve just had a 2 massive digital clocks fitted to the outside of my house. One is a countdown to the start, the other racks up how many billion pounds of taxpayers money has been spunked up the wall

molgrips
    Free Member

TJ what is your new job? Same thing different place?

wonnyj
    Free Member

Just about to have a lunchtime nap

wrecker
    Free Member

Getting married. woo and indeed hoo.

spacemonkey

Heading out on the trails in 1hr 30mins 😀

camo16
    Free Member

Revelling in all this positivity… I’d like to see all the above on the 10 o’clock news to balance the world’s woes. Good luck to all!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I have a ham and cheese toasty and a mug of coffee waiting for me.

Moses

Resigning from most of my current job on Tuesday or Wednesday, starting another late August.

Anyone living between Stoke and Stafford want a part-time lodger ?

woody2000

I don’t get excited about anything these days.

molgrips
    Free Member

To be honest I really want to start a new job in September. That’ll give me time to chill out and hang out with the new kid.

Still, it’ll mean more money if I do start straight away tho.

sssimon
    Free Member

zesty 314 just arrived with parcelforce

Castrol
    Free Member

I am shortly moving to Bangkok to work for 4 months. Bike coming with me so should get a bit of riding in.

Regards,
    Matt.

enduro-aid
    Free Member

currently in the process of rebuilding my first ever home. wanted to move out of the parents place but couldnt afford anything new and shiny so found myself a place that needed a fair bit of work and looking forward to getting it all done and moving in

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

TJ what is your new job? Same thing different place?

Permanent full time job at a level to suit (2IC)- same sort of thing – looking after batty old folk

stevemtb
    Free Member

Redundancy starts 5 weeks tomorrow but pretty much got the last 3 weeks as holidays.

Alps trip coming up (road bike 😳 ).

It’s nearly the weekend!

Houns

5 pairs of Oakleys heading to me from around the world

Netdonkey

Wife booked 3 days camping at Cwmcarn without realising it had a trail centre. And then said “Ohh why not take your bike!” 😆

birky
    Free Member

Just got back into motorbike trials earlier this month after a 24 year gap! Done 3 so far and really enjoying it 🙂

montylikesbeer

I am setting up a new outdoor business at the moment and its very exciting.

ericemel
    Free Member

Scuba diving Hanifrau Bay in 2 weeks for my honeymoon (already married)

And canoeing down the Wye this weekend!

bazzer
    Free Member

Off motorcycle touring in the Alps for 10 days in a couple weeks. Very excited 🙂

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I’m excited about getting rid of this hangover.

Sue_W
    Free Member

The future … and not knowing what it will be!

A year ago this uncertainty terrified me – lost my relationship / home / half of my belongings / some friends and for most of the time my dog.

But now I’m exited about not knowing what the future holds – meeting new people, making new friends, discovering new places, breaking down my pre-conceptions, going off doing new activities (mountaineering in the alps in a couple of weeks), and looking for a new home just for me.

Have discovered that massive life changes can be exciting, challenging, and fun 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

All the stressful preparations for our move are also now complete I think. Ordered a load of things for last minute change of plan, and they have all arrived in time.

Roof rack for bikes, freeing up load space in the ‘van – check
    Air suspension to help with towing fully laden – check
    Car fixed from accident to satisfaction finally – check
    Gas fixed – check
    Flat properly clean – check
    Caravan fixed – check

All the above paid for by not having to buy flights for Mrs Grips and her folks. I hope they like camping!

molgrips
    Free Member

Permanent full time job

Less time available for talking to batty middle-aged folk on here then.

Sue – sounds good.. don’t get too attached to stuff and things.. change is often good – no, essential!

derek_starship
    Free Member

binners – I am cleaning up spring vegetable soup.

That post was FaF!

It reminded me of a massive digital clock that was submerged in the Liffy in the middle of Dublin. It was counting down to the millenium.

Your description of how taxpayers’ money had been utilised that cause the soup leak 😆

scaredypants

Off on hols to California tomorrow
    with my bike

TandemJeremy – Member
    – looking after batty old folk

But, …. (nah) 😉

kudos100
    Free Member

Dialled alpine frame turning up soon and having my x-ray in a couple of weeks, meaning I can ride the new steed!

yossarian
    Free Member

I’ve had a pretty good year so far and it’s suddenly got a ton better. After a couple of years of being skint (1 income for family of 4 – 2 little uns one after the other) this year we’ve moved to a big house (well big in my book anyway) and my wife has just scored the most amazing job. Our income has more than doubled, my mum has moved to the same town (lots of help with the kids) and my work have finally put me on an 8k training course which means I’ll be working as a part time consultant in the next 3 years. It’s been a hard slog for a few years up til now. And that is putting it mildly. This time last year I remember going to the supermarket after 8pm when they discount stuff and buying bread for 10p and bananas that were on the turn because that’s all we could afford. Apart from commuting I didn’t have the time, energy or money to ride for fun. Now I’ve recently got, and been able to ride, a brilliant road bike and am about to pull the trigger on some rebas for my 29er and a new full suss. Probably sounds like cock waving, sorry for that.

I’m excited about the future. I feel that in my small world I’ve earned it (or actually my wife has 🙂 )

molgrips
    Free Member

High 5 yoss.

iDave
    Free Member

I’m excited about opening a swiss bank account this morning and getting a repaired macbook back tomorrow. Not excited about paying for repair as said account is devoid of funds.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m excited about The Grips’ return to the UK.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Are you excited about something currently?’ is closed to new replies.