Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Are my Pikes gubbed?
  • ss
    Free Member

Took them apart to change the oil today and found these scratches that appear to correspond to where the bushes are.

Are they ok to keep riding? If not, what can I/someone else do to fix them please? They are coil btw.

Cheers.

mbydmt
    Free Member

Look pretty gone to me, in need of new stantions and bushings if the marks correspond to their placement.
    A new set of uppers is going to be an expensive job (from Fisher Outdoors Limited – The UK distributor).
    It may take a month but it could be worth trying to find new uppers on various online forums like SouthernDH, Pink bike, Bikeradar, STW, if it was me though I’d be tempted to sell the Pikes as spares (i.e. lowers/maxle/internals) you could scrape together £80 that way, and then buy some Pike’s secondhand for around the £150 mark.
    Or you could ride them into the ground…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I would just ride them – mine are like that. How much can you feel a ridge? How much slop can you feel when the fork is built up.

Not worth the repair IMO

Junkyard
    Free Member

you could use nail polish and then sand down etc to make them smooth again but I hope mine dont look like that when I service them tomorrow or what he said

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Are my Pikes gubbed?’ is closed to new replies.