• This topic has 105 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • Apple announcement today?
  • miketually
    Free Member

1 – iPhone
    2 – iPhone 3G
    3 – iPhone 3GS
    4 – iPhone 4
    5 – iPhone 4GS

If they had a proper naming system, it’d be the iPhone 5. Or 3.1?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Why a bigger screen ? Its the perfect size for a phone – remember it is a phone – designed to go in a pocket ……..It wasnt designed to watch movies or surf the net …..it just does those things aswell

I too wanted an iphone with a bigger screen – apple already fixed me up… They made the ipad …..

Must say im neither up not down about the announcements . I was never rushing out to buy a new phone regardless of what they announced……

If their apple tv how ever was able to stream from a nas drive i may have rushed out to buy one of them !

carbon337
    Free Member

I want iOS 5 that’s all i care about any news on that?

GrahamS

Why a bigger screen ? Its the perfect size for a phone – remember it is a phone – designed to go in a pocket .

Exactly. The folk calling for a bigger screen don’t seem to realise that it already has the biggest screen out there in terms of pixels. If you want it physically bigger, just hold it closer to your face! 🙂

Seriously if they made the screen physically bigger then either they would lose their Retina claim, or they would have to change the number of pixels which would break all the existing software.

GrahamS

I want iOS 5 that’s all i care about any news on that?

October 12th

loddrik
    Free Member

Unfortunately some of us cannot afford an iPad as well, and so have to make do with one device. Great for those of you who can but there are far more who can’t…

I’ve been following this pretty closely for the last couple of months, on all the tech press, blogs and podcasts, and people are really crying out for a bigger screen. I’m not bothered that there isn’t one now as I’ve now jumped ship, but the majority of people waiting for this phone were hoping for something more than was unveiled. Those who can’t just go and buy an iPad as a complementary device that is…

trail_rat
    Free Member

If i could only have 1 it would be an ipad !

aracer
    Free Member

Unfortunately some of us cannot afford an iPad as well, and so have to make do with one device.

If you were even considering upgrading from whatever phone you have now you could probably afford a tablet computer instead. You do realise that there are other tablets than iPad (or is that the sort of thing a fanboi wouldn’t even contemplate)?
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/recommend-me-an-android-tablet

GrahamS

Thing is aracer, once you’ve drunk the Apple-flavoured KoolAid, you might as well keep drinking.

e.g. there are 2 iphones in my household, so when we get a tablet we’ll get an iPad. Less hassle to pay once for apps, music, movies etc and share them between 3 devices.

clubber
    Free Member

apps maybe but music and videos?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Yup nail on head graham.

Desperately tried to find a usb compatible tablet but in the end decided iclouds gonna be just as good

Our iphones have been super durable too which was a huge decidingnfactor
    For
    Me

Jamie
    Free Member

I buy Apple products just to enrage the anti-apple brigade.

JulianA
    Free Member

clubber – Member
    apps maybe but music and videos?

Just sync all the devices from the same computer? Might be too simplistic a solution but it works for our nano and touch. I can see that this might not work for everyone though…

clubber
    Free Member

Just sync all the devices from the same
    computer?

but.you don’t need all Apple products for that?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Julian we use homeshare to share over multiple instances of itunes

If anything iphone and ipad has stopped me using hooky downloads its just much easier and less time consuming to go to itunes

aracer
    Free Member

I buy Apple products just to enrage the anti-apple brigade.

I’m afraid you’re mistaking hilarity for anger.

Jamie
    Free Member

Nope. It’s definitely anger. Anger tinged with jealousy…..and possibly a smidge of sadness.

clubber
    Free Member

10 no it’s hilarity
    20 no it’s anger
    30 goto 10

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

LOL @ Clubber! 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

100 goto 10!

aracer
    Free Member

It’s hilarity damn you, hilarity. Why can’t you see that?

JulianA
    Free Member

clubber – Member

Just sync all the devices from the same
    computer?

but.you don’t need all Apple products for that?

Yes, very likely, sorry – misunderstood.

trail_rat – Member
    Julian we use homeshare to share over multiple instances of itunes

Please tell me about homeshare / I must check out homeshare: delete whichever is inapplicable

brakes
    Free Member

gotta love the Daily Mash

Flaperon

Attention iPhone users – you don’t have to personally defend the thing from other people who criticise it. It’s a PHONE. Though I’m sure they could squeeze a slightly bigger screen into the same case.

GrahamS

Attention iPhone users – you don’t have to personally defend the thing from other people who criticise it.

Agreed. See the other thread for droid users doing exactly the same thing 😀
    Natural innit?

Though I’m sure they could squeeze a slightly bigger screen into the same case.

They could, but let me explain:.

The iPhone 4 display is called “Retina” because it has such a high pixel density (326 ppi) so high that you can’t distinguish individual pixels without pressing it against your nose.

If they made they display physically larger they would have two possible options: stick with 960×640 pixels and just make the pixels all a bit bigger, thus lowering the pixel density and losing their “retina” claim; OR stick with 326ppi and add more pixels to the horizontal and vertical dimensions, thus breaking every existing app.

nbt

The iPhone 4 display is called “Retina” because it has such a high pixel density (326 ppi) so high that you can’t distinguish individual pixels without pressing it against your nose.

Ta, I was wondering what all this “retina” thing was about 🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Apple announcement today?’ is closed to new replies.