Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • apologies for the disgusting thread but I need advice!!
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

OK my dog seems to have popped his anal gland contents in my brand new car over the front seat…!!!!!!!!!!!!
    for those of you unfortunate enough to have smelt said substance then you’ll know that my car is now not a good place to be for 2hrs a day!

can anyone recommend a cleaner that’ll be man enough to rid the material of the stench! (if you are interested its a strange mix of fishy poo)

user-removed
    Free Member

I say I say, my dog has no nose. Sorry, can’t help, but that sounds bloody horrible!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Only one thing for it Cilit Bang.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Sorry…

kinda666
    Free Member

I feel your pain, our dog occasionally does it on the sofa, fortunately it’s a leather one so wipe it off, if it’s on a cushion then the cover goes straight in the washing machine! Fishy metal is how we describe it at home! Found that by cutting down on dog meat and feeding mainly on dry helps loads as any unpleasantness gets pushed out when she poops!

Woody
    Free Member

What material is the seat cover?

If it’s cloth, you’ll need to try and remove it without wetting too much otherwise it’ll go into the foam and stay forever. Carpet cleaner with a Vax type liquid suction is what you need to get the job done. Good luck!

joolsburger
    Free Member

To the valeting company for a professional clean I’d say. In the meantime fabreeze and nutradol are pretty useful.

cinnamon_girl

Oh no, ugh! My vet tried to show me how to do it myself, attempted it and poor hound wasn’t happy! Got to the stage where glands needed emptying every 3 months.

My only suggestion would be to try using some Andrex (botty) wipes, they may remove the worst of it.

Good luck.

nmdbase
    Free Member

You need enzyme shampoo

carlphillips
    Free Member

cheers for the replies, have tried the wet wipes already, my buddy is a car dealer so may have to get him to valet it, in the meantime its trial and error…dogs bums are not nice….
    enzyme shampoo sounds einteresting…im off to google that

allthepies
    Free Member

Dogs rock!

mooman
    Free Member

if you can `t take seat out to hose it down etc.

I`d smother tomato sauce on it .. for some reason it lifts most stinks.
    Then clean sauce off of course ..

float
    Free Member

jesus 😯 think id probably throw the old seat out, burn it and just buy a new one. god thats gross.

martymac

bicarbonate of soda will dry it out and stop it smelling, then a proper valet.
    i had to do this when my daughter was sick all over the floor of my 2 week old car.
    she was never sick in the old rattly car we had before, naturally.

carlphillips
    Free Member

marty thats pretty much it i reckon…. we’ve had the dog 2 years now and he’s never done it before…got my 1st ever new car and one month later it stinks of dog bum….

defydude
    Free Member

Only one thing for it Cilit Bang.

…and a match.

enfht
    Free Member

What tyres for milking your dogs anal glands?

Elf to the thread please

TheFlyingOx

For the amount of hassle and the cost of getting it valeted, I’d be tempted to fire up eBay and search out a replacement seat. They’re generally pretty easy to swap.

kevj
    Free Member

Car seats are 40 quid each from the local scrap yard, and that is for a nice leather trim. I have been meaning to build myself a nice computer chair from a black leather Alfa Romeo seat.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Try this stuff worked on dog vomit quite well.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Why would anyone own a **cking dog, they are repugnant creatures and an utter feckng waste of resources.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Why would anyone own a stevewhyte, they are repugnant creatures and an utter feckng waste of resources.

FTFY.

carbon337
    Free Member

Its the most disgusting smell ever.

Makes me physically gag – i feel your pain.

carlphillips
    Free Member

off to the vets tomorow for anal grape squeezing (the dogs not mine)
    it is indeed the worse smell i have ever smelt (and i used to be a porter in a hospital and now im a podiatrist i encounter smells on an all to frequent basis!)

where does the fishy smell come from?!!!!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Having never owned a dog, I’m guessing anal gland deposits are nit the same as poo?
    What is it then?

coffeeking
    Free Member

jesus think id probably throw the old seat out, burn it and just buy a new one. god thats gross.

I think I’m rolling with this answer, grim. Dogs are grim. Grim.

carlphillips
    Free Member

Anal gland
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The anal glands or anal sacs are small glands found near the anus in many mammals, including dogs and cats. They are not found in humans or other primates. They are paired sacs located on either side of the anus between the external and internal sphincter muscles. Sebaceous glands within the lining secrete a liquid that is used for identification of members within a species. These sacs are found in all carnivora except bears[1] and sea otters.[2] The liquid produced usually smells foul to humans.

njee20
    Free Member

jesus think id probably throw the old seat out, burn it and just buy a new one. god thats gross.

+1

Utterly vile!

DezB
    Free Member

Anyone want a dog? She’s good with children, adults, other dogs and bikes.
    I’m not having anal gland secretions in my house (or car) though!

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

We’ve had that problem with one of ours on fabric seats – a Vax with an upholstery attachment does the trick with the minimum of fuss, and leaves the seat reasonably dry. Ours was a Touran so the seats could come out, but I don’t imagine it would make much difference if they had to be cleaned in situ.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Our dog did this on our new carpet yesterday, I’m gagging at the memory. My wife used dettol followed by vanish, it was her who wanted a dog after all.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Utterly vile does not cover it!

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

You get used to it, although it probably helps that I grew up in Aberdeen when it was still a busy fishing port…

The first time our mutt did it was when we took her camping to try and get her used to sleeping in the tent. Thankfully, the smell tends to dissipate pretty quickly!

slimjim78
    Free Member

‘shotgun!’

These sacs are found in all carnivora except bears[1] and sea otters.[2

Pet bear it is for me then.

carlphillips
    Free Member

the mrs had to use the car to get to work this morning, it was pretty funny watching her retch and gag as she sat down and she is a nurse!!
    got my buddy from his car showroom to bring out the valeter’s chemical cleaner this evening, i’m hoping that’ll do the trick.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘apologies for the disgusting thread but I need advice!!’ is closed to new replies.