Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • A.P.McCoy ????
  • Woody
    Free Member

Tuned in at the end of the programme and will admit I had to google him to find out what he did. 😳

Cav did not look happy!

pacemaker
    Free Member

All he does is go along for the ride..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You had to google AP McCoy?

You need to get out more.

I hope noone was recording this for later.

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

he should have brought his horse with him to say thanks. just wanted him to start singing “My Lovely Horse” as in Father Ted…

lazybike
    Free Member

at least a rider won it

eddie11
    Free Member

beaten by horse luggage…

Woody
    Free Member

You need to get out more.

……….I have an online a/c with William Hill but haven’t had a horse on for over 8 years 8)

Trimix
    Free Member

Hores rider – its a fix then.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You are joking though? You have really heard of him haven’t you? 😛

Woody
    Free Member

Seriously DD………………………………….no!

Quite unbelievable I know, especially now that I’ve seen his career achievements but I have no interest in horse racing and simply don’t read or listen to anything about it.

mikey74
    Free Member

I hate horse racing and yet I’ve heard of him, lol. I have to agree that Cav did not look happy. On the other hand, “the Power” looked totally delighted with his second place.

Was it me or did they include even less “minority” sports than ever? Surely they could have at least mentioned Gee Atherton in passing.

Edit: I must add that although i don’t like horse racing, I don’t begrudge him the award at all.

scaredypants

he’s on R5 now – sounds like a very decent bloke and cares a lot for his sport. went out of his way to give credit to some other jockey who seems to have been second best for about 10yrs and “nobody’s” ever heard of.

major sports personality ? yes, I’d say

rOcKeTdOg

Who is Gee Atherton?

MrSmith
    Free Member

a corrupt betting vehicle.
    ‘sport of kings’? GTF

Gary_C

Reckon that A.P. McCoy & Rob Brydon were separated at birth.

scaredypants

who’s been more corrupt over time than royalty ? 😉

ratadog

Would have been a travesty if AP McCoy had never won it, and he won at Aintree this year on the background of dominating his sport for 15 + years so he got my vote.

peajay

I didn’t have a scooby who he was either! My missus reconed they would be better giving the money that show cost to children in need or at least bringing down the license fee a bit.

aracer
    Free Member

He deserved to win. End of.

Over on other non-cycling forums, lots of people going “Cav, who?”

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

He certainly deserved to win. He’s a sound bloke too.

We like to think mountain biking is a bit dangerous sometimes? It’s a walk in the park compared to National Hunt racing. He’s probably the best NH jockey ever. The only thing he was missing was the GN. Which he won this year after trying for years.

So yes, he deserved to win.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Aracer – precisely. Cavendish hasn’t done near enough to deserve to win it.

aracer
    Free Member

I should point out that I don’t follow horse racing at all, but because I follow sport I’d heard of him and had some idea of his achievements. Which is more than I can say about Phil Taylor – what exactly has he done special this year (bearing in mind it wasn’t lifetime achievement award he was up for, notwithstanding some football kicker – whose name I quite seriously can’t remember – winning last year based on what he’d done in his career).

MrSmith
    Free Member

isn’t it the horse that wins?

muggomagic

Which is more than I can say about Phil Taylor – what exactly has he done special this year

Thie 2010 world championship was no where near as “special” as the previous 14.

clubber
    Free Member

I’m into sport but hadn’t heard of him either 😳

I never really follow horsey racing – I’ve always felt that it’s a bit of a fiddle with the handicapping not to mention the betting scams but having read up on AP he does sound like a deserving winner even if he wouldn’t have been my choice.

theotherjonv

in the intro they said he’d ridden over 2000 winners, and fallen off 1000 times.

That’s like my mountain biking career. Apart from the winning bit.

atlaz
    Free Member

I’d never heard of him but then again, I don’t really care about horse racing so that might explain it

allthepies
    Free Member

+1 to never heard of the bloke.

mrsflash
    Free Member

I think he definitely deserved to win. Why have they started calling him AP rather than Tony though?

anagallis_arvensis

Cavendish hasn’t done near enough to deserve to win it

hasnt he won 15 tour de france stages, more than all the other british winners put together?

Blackhound

If I could have bothered to vote AP would have got mine. His achievements over many years are oncdible. I have not checked the stats but very few have managed 1,000 NH winners. Terry Biddlecombe was the first when I was a lad and therre has a been a couple since. AP has managed 2,000 plus an elusive GN this year.

Thought it interesting that ‘minor’ sports got 1st and 2nd this year.

Cav is probably going to have to win an olympic gold to have even a small chance I’m afraid. He has an excellent chance of winning the World Championship next year and the general public will have no interest in it.

yoshimi

Why have they started calling him AP rather than Tony though?

Yeah, that confuses me too!

Phil ‘the power’ Taylor, looked really pleased and happy – I like him 🙂

KT1973
    Free Member

Tony McCoy is a great jockey who gets the best out of any horse and has had a prolific career. He deserves to win 100%

Pook

Meanwhile, over on horseypower.co.uk

“Dobbin – Member
    Who is Mark Cavendish? Never bloody heard of him.”

“Nagshead – Premium member
    Dunno. At least he rides something!!”

“Dobbin – Member
    lol”

MrSmith
    Free Member

it’s horse racing. no different from dog racing except there’s some shortarse jumped-up whiney little man sat on it giving it a good thrashing. it’s only the betting that keeps the sport alive otherwise it would just be point to point or ‘x-c’ horse riding.

the award should go to the horse with the most race wins.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

the award should go to the horse with the most race wins.

Yeah, ‘cos it’s that easy – just sit on the back and let the horse run. Hell, I might start doing it, it’s a piece of piss.

Ignorance is a wonderful thing isn’t it?

iDave
    Free Member

the whole show was a vacuous barrel scraping patronising dire contrived sludge fest

McCoy had been chosen to win, just like giggs was last year.

i do like amy williams though…

edd

AP is short for Anthony Peter. Tony, obviously, is short for Anthony. His friends and those in the industry call him either AP or Tony.

A deserving winner, a true hero.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Deserved winner

MrSmith
    Free Member

Ignorance is a wonderful thing isn’t it?

i’m very happy for you.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘A.P.McCoy ????’ is closed to new replies.