Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Anything Worth Doing in Saudi Arabia
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

For 4 months?

TPTcruiser

Visit Mecca? You never know who you'll meet at the bingo and it will be one night taken up. 🙂
    Prob better action in the Emirates though.

BigJohn

To get to know lots of people, organise a beer festival with a hog roast.

theyEye
    Free Member

i recommend dogging.

-m-
    Free Member

Best thing to do in Riyadh is get to the airport for a flight to somewhere (anywhere) else 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Don't watch the Flinstones.

nickjb
    Free Member

Good scuba diving. Nice conditions to learn in if you've never done it before. Head off into the sand dunes with an expensive 4×4, too. They're always at it on Top Gear

evilsovereign
    Free Member

depends where in saudi you are going. if you are in the mob, you'll probably go to al kharj (al's khazi), nothing doing there.
    dharan, nice place, good shopping, fab chinese and baskin robbins.
    riyadh is ok, prone to bombings tho', pizza hut is ace.
    half moon bay, (dharan/khobar area) bae compound nearby, scuba diving, and quad bikes on massive dunes, awesome.
    bharain (if you can over there) is awesome, amazing clubs. yacht club is outta this world.
    hope this helps

konabunny
    Free Member

scuba – coral reef 30m off the beach.

saving money – there's **** all to do.

not drinking alcohol and avoiding the protestations of expat dealers that claim they've bought off the right local royals.

avoiding the mutawa.

avoiding Mecca – it's off limits to Pagans.

doglover
    Free Member

get to know social expats, respect the laws/locals/boss, avoid being bummed, dive, windsurf, eat nice food, save money, count the days till you leave.

Jeddah probably best place to be.

Coyote
    Free Member

Fingers crossed you might get a beheading or a good ol' stoning.

Murray
    Spongebob
    Free Member

I wouldn't go to Saudi under any circumstances. You'd have to be nuts to go there!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Go to the supermarket, find the grape juice section. Oddly, you'll find it in the sugar, yeast, large plastic container and plastic tube isle, really.

Build your own wine making kit and wait a few weeks.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Where, no idea, probably splitting the time between one of the bigger cities and Riyadh.

I like stanage but cant see anything that looks like the packhorse trail running down it or any good pubs nearby.

I'm already proficient at homebrewing.

Don't think I'll be voulenteering! I was hoping that someone would post a link to a saudi mtb club and prove that infact its the next alps/whistler or something 🙁

bruneep

This thread was brought to you by the Saudi Tourist Board.

grahamh
    Free Member
    loddrik
    Free Member

When you are there be sure and denounce the USA as the 'great satan' and remember to deny women as much freedom as possible…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

When you are there be sure and denounce the USA as the 'great satan'…..

What and get arrested ? He's going to Saudi Arabia not Iran. The Saudis are best mates with the Yanks.

loddrik
    Free Member

Erm, I think you'll find the Saudi royal family are, the general public view the USA in a much less flattering light…

MrNutt
    Free Member

motor racing?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Erm, I think you'll find the general public falls into line with whatever the Saudi Royal Family thinks.

I wouldn't recommend being a dissident in Saudi Arabia.

So urging thisisnotaspoon to denounce the US and to refer to it as the 'Great Satan', in the language of the Iranian Shi'ite ayatollahs, is probably not the best advice so far.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Anything Worth Doing in Saudi Arabia’ is closed to new replies.