Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Anyone ride a NS Surge?
  • BMC09
    Free Member

hi all, am looking at buying an NS Surge…

anyone have any experience with them? ride? build quality? etc etc……

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

i'm looking for a geared ns surge 🙁

BMC09
    Free Member

yeah thats what i'm looking at… will be buying new tho

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

thing is tho surge is a singlespeeder, the only geared that ns make is the core and it is too much for what it is so i might be settling for

http://www.identitibikes.com/identitibikes/idividimage.php?part=5IT9P6XW

BMC09
    Free Member

errr….. the surge appears to be geared -> http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=48285

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

i meant as a complete bike

krag
    Free Member

Surge is indeed geared (I have one) and so is the society.

BMC09
    Free Member

krag -> how is your's?… got any pics of it built up?

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

any where that stocks them as a complete bike with gears?

krag
    Free Member

Yeah really like mine, had the society first which is a bit more XC and then swopped it in for a surge. They are quite long bikes though, I had the large (I'm 5"10) and my mates medium rides a lot better for me.
    No problems with the build, mines been pretty abused and is still holding up pretty well.

I stripped my society down today to build up a full suss so I have the frame kicing around if you're interested. It's in far from pristine condition with a few scratches with surface rust and the odd cable rub but wouldn't be looking for much for it.

BMC09
    Free Member

i'm 6'1" so thinking a large surge would be bout right… gonna be using it as a bit of a hardcore hardtail, some 4x and light DH

build wise, it'll have Pike's up front, pro2/dt 5.1 rime, M4's Xt / XTR drivetrain, thomson & raceface finishing kit..

oh yeah, green frame as in my prev link, ano red hope stuff with ano green bars….

cant wait to order it monday hopefully…

edsbike
    Free Member

I've got a large Society, which I think is similar to the Surge. I love it, great fun. I'm 5'11", and fits great with a 70mm stem..
    Wouldn't say it's too XC, got 140 vans on mine. Still lightish though, around 27.5 lbs.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ed_middleton/</img&gt;

krag
    Free Member

I run pikes on mine, pro2 hubs with mavic 321s, hope mono minis and a shonky mix of deore/lx drive train.

I very very nearly bought the new 2010 green one you're buying, it looks lush in the photos be nice to see one built up 🙂

BMC09
    Free Member

well when i get it built and running, should be done by the end of the week, i'll post some pics on here for you all to drool over… 😉

BMC09
    Free Member

ordered…. 😀

nick-22
    Free Member

i have a geared surge, for sale if anyone is interested…?

email me nickhipwell@gmail.com

its a very gd spec, hardly used, grab a bargain. 🙂

BMC09
    Free Member

arrived today, will be built up by tonight, looks sweeeeeeeeeet in the green…..

BMC09
    Free Member

well then, all built up, just gotta order a new chain device as the one off the old frame don't fit right. love it

RealMan
    Free Member

God that was quick, and it looks great.

Have you flicked the down tube yet?

BMC09
    Free Member

makes a great noise don't it….

yeah i don't mess bout with my days off… get it done, get it done quickly so i can ride it… 😛

RealMan
    Free Member

makes a great noise don't it….

Most beautiful sound ever heard. Its the main reason I want one so bad.

BMC09
    Free Member

lol – as an added bonus it feels great to ride, whether saddle down and messin bout, or saddle up and riding like a normal bike… me likey…
    quite impressive also is that they include touch-up paint with it for the ittle chips … thoughtful or what…

RealMan
    Free Member

A guide I rode with in the Alps had one. He rode it with his fork anywhere from 95mm to 140mm. It really is so versatile.

BMC09
    Free Member

thats good to hear… have been messin bout with it earlier, so far so good, cannot really put it through its paces off road till i get the chain device.

i do like the idea of being able to completly change the setup and style of the bike by changin ur travel of the fork and saddle hieght, gives you infinity bikes in one.

may take it abroad, witht the boing too, jsut for the crack (and as a spare…)

where in the alps were you riding? quite fancy a trip there

bungalistic
    Free Member

One of the older surge frames now but I still love my ride

BMC09
    Free Member

looks nice man… are they the 2010 'zocchis?

bungalistic
    Free Member

Yeah they are got them as a warranty replacement on the older ones. So far they feel really nice, very plush too. Hopefully they will not have the same problems as the old ones.

BMC09
    Free Member

fingers crossed for you, although rumour does have it that they are much much better this year… i do like the looks of them, but cant bring myself to move from my rockshox… 😛

RustyNissanPrairie

any more reports for the NS Surge?

Riding a 20" Bluepig at the moment and really not 100% with it. Looking to sell it and buy something else a bit more lively and playfull and a Surge possibly fits the bill.

5lab

I'm trying to get hold of a large surge but theres none of the top 2 models n large left in the country 🙁 Very sad, the base spec one has appauling spec

BMC09
    Free Member

am loving it, its a great ride, pop the saddle up and go for a spin, or drop it and throw it about… 😛

pending your cash, i'd buy a frame and spec it to your level… mine's only got this level of kit (XT/XTR/Hope/Thomson) throughout as i had it lying bout from a prev bike, which am no longer gonna rebuild cos this can do what i want…

love it

RustyNissanPrairie

whats tire clearance like? looking to run 2.35 highrollers

legin
    Free Member

used to have an ns society great riding bike up and down swapped it for an on one as my son used it more than me and the seat wouldnt drop as much as he needed.the surge is almost the same

nick-22
    Free Member

i'll say again, i have a (L) NS Surge for sale, cracking spec too. if u want anymore details then email me, and answer any q's about them, haha

nickhipwell@gmail.com

BMC09
    Free Member

running 2.35 DH Larssens on mine, and its pleanty, wouldn't want to go much bigger though. could probs get away with 2.4's… 2.35 High Rollers would be no problem.

eddie
    Free Member

looks sweet, how do they size up? the website says the 15" rides like a 17"?
    normally i'd be on a 17" at 5ft 10

BMC09
    Free Member

i'm 6'1" and have the large, defo wouldnt want anything smaller…. runnina a 410mm Thomson post so i can jack it up for longer rides (see pics -> that height is fine) doesn't feel too stretched out as it's v. slack up front…

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ride a NS Surge?’ is closed to new replies.