Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Anyone ridden the new Meta AM?
  • MRanger156
    Free Member

Apparently these are out in a month or so and I’m very tempted. Anyone lucky enough to have ridden one?

The alternative is a Transition Covert.

CampbellCoaching
    Free Member

We have had a Covert for a couple of months and its ace, really confident on the downs and you can really throw it about, it rides much lighter than it actually is. We have come off a Metta 6 and Alpine 160 so a good comparison I think? Not been on the AM but I think the Covert will just have the edge if you like popping off stuff and jumping.

CampbellCoaching
    Free Member

Ment to say have you demoed the Covert yet?

mikey74
    Free Member

I rode the proto Meta AM in Whistler, albeit just up and down the street.

It felt really good, with some good angles, although I obviously can’t give you any real world trail experience.

One thing I will say is that it pedalled very well indeed.

They look pretty sweet too.

MRanger156
    Free Member

No not tested any yet but doubt i’ll get a demo on a Meta AM unless I wait a while.

Whats the sizing on the Covert like? I’m 6 foot which puts me in between the medium and large.

juan
    Free Member

I’ll post back as soon as I get a chance. LBS is meant to have soon anytime soon.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Anyone else ridden the Meta AM?

100mphplus
    Free Member

Ticket2ridebc.com had the AM on demo over in Whistler and 4 guides I know out there who’d all given it a proper ride out on the trails just said one word first – Awesome! They all have Meta 5.5 and 6’s for trail use and all of them said the AM was way better.

I’ve just ordered an AM1 as I trust what they say.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I’ve got my eye on one of these to replace my Meta 5.5 – longer, slacker, takes a dropper post and tapered forks. Looks great going on specs and word of mouth.

Regarding availability, I’ve heard various dates, the earliest being October but the most recent being December. If this isn’t confirmed, it’s unlikely that they are even on the water from Taiwan (in our business we allow 50 days from port to central warehouse).

MRanger156
    Free Member

Interesting, especially from the Whistler guides.

According to the UK distributor and various bike shops they will be available in about a month and be £1650 ish (can’t remember exactly) for frame only with shock and they have a 2 year warranty and 160mm forks are covered in that.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Did you speak direct to Decade? Might have to give them a ring – sounds much better news than this snippet that was on Factory Jackson:

META AM 1: €4399 (£3,879.48)
    META AM 2: €3299 (£2,909.73)
    META AM 3: €2849 (£2,512.82)
    FRAME META AM (frame only): €1499 (£1,322.26)
    VIP META AM (frame + shock): €2099 (£1,851.51)
    FACTORY META AM (frame + shock + fork + accessories): €3799 (£3,351.07)

Availability is slated to be the beginning of December.

Commencal Meta AM and SX prices announced

MRanger156
    Free Member

Yeah emailed Decade and they got to me the next day. Give them a call and post up on here if possible. I need a new frame soon to replace my broken one but I’d wait a few weeks for the AM.

juan
    Free Member

Latest news form commencal is december, bikes may arrive earlier, but I think they want to avoid the meta carbon issue they had last year. his blokes talk like a paper from WoS though, and I am not ashamed of my english anymore :D.
    I just hope they have not increased the stiffness too much.

MRanger156
    Free Member

What was the carbon meta issue?

That is slightly annoying as don’t think I can wait that long, even more annoying if you’ve pre ordered one.

juan
    Free Member

What was the carbon meta issue?

Some longer than expected delay fromt he factory

100mphplus
    Free Member

Nth America are getting stock for November.

juan
    Free Member

Well I hope it’s october/novemeber as they says, finger crossed 😉

JohnnyPanic

That ‘snippet’ from factoryjackson is taken straight from the Commencal website.
    Scroll down for english version

iain1775
    Free Member

UK prices are silly though, especially for the spec (SRAM x5 at nearly £3k?!)
    Frame only prices silly too especially considering most People upgrading would need almost a bikes worth of new parts – bottom bracket and crank, direct mount mech, 142mm rear wheel tapered forks etc kind of prices a frame only upgrade out (although it would be pretty much future proof, but I thought that about current meta 3 years ago as it had interchangeable dropouts!)

I have 2 commies and love the brand and was keen to replace the meta with an AM or the meta SX but can’t see it happening at those prices, Depends too if decade continue madisons ‘devaluing’ of the brand by selling off at almost 50% after only half a season so think I’ll be waiting to see, by which time I will then be considering different brands 2013 models

There is a review in dirt magazine this month – mixed but all problems seem to be a poor shock tune so guess it depends on what shock was fitted to the la brese test bikes compared to what hits the shops

100mphplus
    Free Member

MBR have a review too, although it looks like they just plagiarised Dirts review 😉

MRanger156
    Free Member

I just looked at Dirt in WH Smiths and couldn’t find a review anywhere.

Annoyingly I’m right inbetween sizes for the Transition but looking at the geo a large meta AM will be perfect.

I can handle the extra bits and bobs to make the AM fit current components and will be buying new forks anyway. Can I not reuse my SLX cranks but with a different BB on the AM?

Dylan08
    Free Member

Mathew – ygm mate 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ridden the new Meta AM?’ is closed to new replies.