Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone know how to remove a straitline vertical wedge stem?
  • scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Got a really annoying clicking noise in my headset/stem area and so wanted to take it apart, check it all and put back together, but can I get the f******g stem off? I've seen somewhere that you should remove both bolts and then screw one back in the middle hole but that doesn't seem to be helping?

jemima
    Free Member

Both bolts out and one in the centre hole is what you do! Takes a fair bit of welly to break the clamping force. Give it a couple more turns…

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Just keep tightening it up?

jemima
    Free Member

yip…

obviously use judgement and if it seems really seized then maybe you need to resort to WD40 and big hammers…

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Ok cheers, I'll give it a go. The stem's only a couple of months old so it shouldn't be too bad. I was probably just worried about breaking it before.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Thanks again for your help – gave it some welly and the problem was solved. Clicking noise all gone as well!

jemima
    Free Member

Cool – glad to be of some help. I've seen my buddy struggle to straighten his bars after a crash so many times I was pretty sure a bit of brute would sort it out :o)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know how to remove a straitline vertical wedge stem?’ is closed to new replies.