Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 252 total)
  • Anyone just given up on finding love?
  • benji
    Free Member

Male 39 (40 in a few weeks), no previous owners, 6′ tall will fit in most garage doors, 65kg so keep out of strong winds.

Never been in a relationship the whole time since manufacturer, and not really interested, just happy tinkering with spanners/lathes/bikes/motorbikes.

Jamie
    Free Member

Never been in a relationship the whole time since manufacturer, and not really interested, just happy tinkering with spanners/lathes/bikes/motorbikes.

Benji is Guy Martin, and I claim my £5 worth of ready meals for 1.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

You have revealed bits of yourself on here Tazzy so I appreciate that – may not look so arty after a dot to dot session
    Im sure the donkeys are happy to know that . . .

Strange arrangement of metal work though!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m loving the “open” honesty on this thread, who needs a dating site??

The image of Tazzy’s tats and Braille has now been imprinted on my rear cortex 😯

Thanks for that 😆

And no matter how old you are or indeed feel, fit folk are a huge turn on… No?

zippykona

The thing is me and Mrs Zip would never have answered each others adverts.
    We don’t have any shared interests but we do share the same values.
    Just madly in love and there’s not much you can do about that!

tazzymtb

Zippykona that’s ace. Can’t imagine that working for me as if they don’t like bikes/outdoors/ climbing, loud musicand tattooed loons any ammount of shared value just won’t work (its one of the problems with being a taz….u don’t appeal to about 90% of the general populace which are normals)

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I just find its a time issue, I don’t have much free time and I already feel i dont ride as much as I’d want to, so if I was in a relationship where sharing that with someone wasn’t an option I really don’t think it would last long

I did find myself ignoring the advances of a nice chap I met in a bar a few weeks ago just because he looked totally confused when I said I ride bikes. Probably as bad as guys who switch off when I say I have kids but hey ho – we can all be blinkered!

Karinofnine

Time is an issue, if a man didn’t ride, or like walking dogs I wouldn’t see much of him.

My last boyfriend once said to me in desperation “Don’t you like ANYTHING apart from mountainbiking?” I thought for some time and said “Well yes, I like road biking too”.

This was not the correct answer 🙂

Karinofnine

oops double post

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ladies look on the bright side the ratio of male riders to females is firmly in your favour I didnt even think about meeting a female cyclist tbh
    You could have hundreds of us fighting over you we just need pictures 😉

ononeorange

Karin – brilliant answer!!

Stw does seem to be where the normal / Sensible ladies reside.

zippykona

I’m glad my wife doesn’t bike. It gives me some quality time on my own and if she did bike I’d be worrying about her all the time.
    Ps we work together so some time apart is a good idea.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

There are pictures of me on here somewhere junkyard – all quite scary tbh! 🙂

scotroutes

+1

This is one of these threads where I realise I am not a cyclist, just someone who rides a bike sometimes. I have other hobbies and interests too, many of which I share with my wife. It does seem that some folk are actually now so set in their ways that they have no time for love.

Karinofnine

I get that you wouldn’t want to do every ride together, and neither would I, it’s a bit claustrophobic. But what IS important is the understanding of the way riding permeates one’s life . . . Thus, bikes in the lounge/kitchen and bedroom; Saturdays are for bike prep as you are riding or racing the next day; when going to Wales for a week you are OBVIOUSLY going to take at least one bike – and expect to ride it; visiting bike shops; going on bike forums; oh, you know.

Houns

Oi you lot, stop sharking on my thread 😡

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Oh dear. I bet that feels a bit like rubbing it in?

I dunno man, I’m not single now but I have been for fairly long times. Both have their advantages.

Right now I’m with a young lady that’s totally devoted to me [note – not in a submissive/servile way] and I met her while on an unusual night out with some new friends at uni.

AFAIK the only way to be sure to meet someone is when you’re not expecting it.

So my advice to you is – give up, by all means on LOOKING; but don’t give up on the notion that finding someone you’re really compatible with is possible. Because that could very well be when it happens.

Meanwhile, be you. You being you is what the other person will see – in other words if they like that, then you’re off to a good start for sure. So if you want to eat pizza every night, feel free. If you want to dress up like John Revolta and boogie on down every thursday at the cheap night in Flares – hit that dance floor, man.

And if you start to see the same lady there every thursday too [Perhaps with a little smudge of Margherita arounds the chin] then it’ll be a good sign that you should start doing the Electric Slide – but maybe not thrust the pelvis too much to start with, eh?

Karinofnine

Look, build yourself a lovely life. Do the things you want to do.

Do this exercise three times a day (WARNING: at first it feels very strange). Look in the mirror and say out loud “I love and accept you exactly the way you are”. 10 times, three times a day.

No-one else can love you if you don’t love yourself. And I don’t mean love yourself like being cocky and smug and thinking you’re always right. I mean a quiet self assurance and self acceptance, it’s a really nice vibe and will attract the right sort of friends and potential girlfriends.

Keep busy, keep active, and interested in everything/different stuff. Do some charity work? It’s very rewarding. You’ll forget all about ‘looking’ and that is when you will meet someone and it will be right.

Where do you live? (Not trying to tap ya, just that there’s a social tonight with a high potential that laydeez who ride bikes will attend).

Kx

transmute
    Free Member

^^ +1
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRrFvapV4ms[/video]

mikey3
    Free Member

Despair and Deception, Love’s ugly little twins
    Came a-knocking on my door, I let them in
    Darling, you’re the punishment for all of my former sins
    I let love in

Not that i’m bitter of course 🙂

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Well said karinofnine, wheres you social btw? Not for picking up boys but it would be good to meet some other women who ride

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“Don’t you like ANYTHING apart from mountainbiking?” I thought for some time and said “Well yes, I like road biking too”.

Proper lolled 😆

Lifer
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus
    FWIW riding ones dont attract much attention IME

I went for the ‘attract the right attention’ approach…although no joy yet (couple of dates with some lovely ladies but nothing serious) – it’s actually my profile pic. Mud, tea and bike 😀

Lifer
    Free Member

Holy cow that’s a bigger picture than I was expecting!

Karinofnine

adjustablewench: Winchmore Hill, at a new bike shop called The Bike Boutique, near Winchmore Hill Station. You local?

adjustablewench
    Free Member

No unfortunately not – I’m in sheffield.

IanW
    Free Member

OP- looking for “the one” may cause you a lot of heartache, sometimes it works that way sometimes not. Enjoy what(and who) life brings your way more the merrier could be just as nice a life.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Sheffield! Think I need to move….

mightymule
    Free Member

I decided on celibacy after splitting up with my ex.

Three weeks later I met up with a friend that I had known for a few years, since we used to work together.

We got engaged two years ago 😀

Bunnyhop

Enthusiastic but ultimately useless rider of bikes

Rachel this is a little white lie 😉
    BTW your pink hair is fab.

Cletus

Despair and Deception, Love’s ugly little twins
    Came a-knocking on my door, I let them in
    Darling, you’re the punishment for all of my former sins
    I let love in

Not that i’m bitter of course

Hi – I used to enjoy wallowing with a bit of Nick Cave – my favourite lyric

Here I am, little lamb…
    Let all the bells in whoredom ring
    All the crooked bitches that she was
    (Mongers of pain)

Met a nice girl 11 years ago after I had just about given up hope. Have lived with her and her son for eight years and our daughter is now six.

We do not share many interests but do values (as per Zippykona) and complement each other well.

Still enjoy a bit of doomy music though!

mightymule
    Free Member

No no no!

Best Nick Cave Lyric of all time has to be:

I hear stories from the chamber
    Christ was born into a manger
    And, like some ragged stranger, he died upon the cross
    And might I say, it seems so fitting in it’s way
    He was a carpenter by trade

Cletus

Sorry should have qualified:

My favourite Nick Cave lyric that expresses disenchantment with the former partners!

To all the singletons at leats you stand a far better chance of creating some interesting art/music/literature than someone in a happy relationship!

eviljoe
    Free Member

No no no no no!

Best Nick Cave lyric ever ;

I was walking around the flower show like a leper
    Coming down with some kind of nervous hysteria
    When I saw you standing there, green eyes, black hair
    Up against the pink and purple wisteria

For the op 🙂

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Caught a bit of nick cave at Glasto, appeals to me on some level but I dont listen often – but my sons were shocked by the lyrics – as you would expect at 8&10!

@karinofnine – I have posted a link to a charity ride ending in Winsor, let me know if you or anyone you know fancies it 🙂

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Not to detract from the majesty of Nick Cave, but I like to listen
    to Gentlemen by the Afghan Whigs when feeling down about relationships
    followed by 1965 by the same band when convincing myself to give them
    another go.

I’m meeting a Swiss-German girl in 4 hours, will see what happens.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

I give you the definitive newly single lyric from the Cave-meister:

You told me you’d stick by me
    Through the thick and through the thin
    Those were your very words
    My fair-weather friend
    You were my brave-hearted lover
    At the first taste of trouble went running back to mother

Edukator
    Free Member

#wonders if bravohotel8er is tied up and gagged in some hotel room somewhere#

Junkyard
    Free Member

I doubt he got that lucky on a first date

Klunk
    Free Member
Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 252 total)

The topic ‘Anyone just given up on finding love?’ is closed to new replies.