Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Anyone here drink raw milk ?
  • tony24
    Free Member

Considering giving it a go been reading all the garb about the good and bad. They say nearly everything causes some kind of problem with regards to food these days atleast raw milk is natural…

Anyone tried the stuff or drink it regular?

cheez0
    Free Member

it’s not natural to drink the milk of another animal.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Don’t try raw bulls milk. Take an age to get any out and even then it doesn’t taste nice at all.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tony24
    Free Member

Would be cows milk only

GEDA
    Free Member

We had a cow when we were little so had fresh milk. I thought it was really weird when I first went to school and the milk was cold. The Jersey cow we had for a bit was a bit extreme for the amount of cream that we got. Mmmm Aplen with cream, in fact cream with everything. In the end my dad stopped milking as it was too much hassle keeping everything spotless.

Stoner
    Free Member

Used to drink it when on the farm. Yummiest breakfast ever is Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes with plenty of colostrum & cream 😉

Used to have porridge in the dairy during milking on winter mornings and if it was a bit hot, you’d hold your bowl under daisy and get a dash of the fresh 🙂

Easier to find in france as they sell unpasteurised milk in bags in the supermarkets. I Imagine it’s still homogenised though.

BenjiM

We used to supply raw milk for brews and breakfasts to the staff for free but now pasteurise it due to the possibilty of tuberculosis. Raw milk has such a short shelf life that bug testing is impractical. By the time you get results back from the lab (not all the time mind you) good or bad, it’s too late as you’ve a) probably drunk it or be succumbed to whatever illness. Processing hygiene can be really hit and miss between farms too. I used to drink raw milk as a kid and never had any problems as I recall.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Only growing up on the farm. Cow’s long gone now mind. I remember going to France and tasting UHT for the first time and wondering why they drank chalkwater.

tony24
    Free Member

Well found a place online who deliver next day read that it can last 7 days if kep around 2-3 degrees sound about right to you guys?

atlaz
    Free Member

My local supermarket (I live on the continent) sells it. I loved it as a kid but the last time I had some it was way too rich for me, I’ve got a bit too used to semi-skimmed.

brant
    Free Member

They sell it in May’s shop up Colden.

BenjiM

If they’re selling it in a shop they may be breaking the law.

Clicky

Grim
    Free Member

I live near to one of the few farms licenced to sell unpasturised milk. It tastests so much better than regular milk and saves you taking one of these yoghurt style drinks with the added bugs.

Give it a go it will do you good!

Grim

qwerty
    Free Member

Tell that to the goats!!!! Somewhere in India (had to be India!) there is a woman who breast feeds goats 😯

Also in Africa:

The term sharing is caring has taken a new dimension in Kitgum district where a lactating mother has taken on the responsibility of breast feeding orphaned kids whose mother passed away soon after they were born. The mother says she was forced to feed the baby goats with her breast milk because she does not have money to buy them milk.
    The two goats now have to fight for her breasts with her toddler child, a one and a half year old baby, who is also breast feeding

cbike
    Free Member

But our genes went Hey! Let’s code for this ! OK sorted!

And we went hey! Let’s breed some milky animals and stop roaming around. Too much hassle chasing everthing.

Perfectly natural. Mammal is a mammal is a mammal. (But I reckon seals milk might make you vom)

druidh
    Free Member

You may not want to click this..

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80467727/

mintimperial

But our genes went Hey! Let’s code for this ! OK sorted!…
    Perfectly natural. Mammal is a mammal is a mammal.

Most mammals, and by extension most people, can’t digest milk properly once they get past childhood. It’s only really humans of western european descent who (mostly) retain the ability to digest the lactose in milk. So milk-drinkers really are a bit freaky.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Love it, always have it when I’m back at home – normally goes through me like a dose of scour for the first day or so, be warned on that 😕

As said above, great on the cereal, like milk used to be with a load of cream on top, yummy

Edit:

Druidh – not going to click on it as I’m at work, but I’m guessing that your link involves a cow mask, red PVC and a milking machine? Am I right ? 😆

IanMunro
    Free Member

once they get past childhood. It’s only really humans of western european descent who (mostly) retain the ability to digest the lactose in milk. So milk-drinkers really are a bit freaky.

Evolution in action init.

coma2s
    Free Member

Druidh – not going to click on it as I’m at work, but I’m guessing that your link involves a cow mask, red PVC and a milking machine? Am I right ?

no

some freaky jap girl and a cat

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I apologise to Druidh for thinking so lowly of him then

and implore others not to hunt down a video under “human milking cow mask” 😯

stoat

Have drunk fresh cows milk and can agree its leagues above pasteurised stuff.
    However the good lady once came down with a nasty bout of campylobacter from milk on one farm..

You pays your money..

I still would 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

You may not want to click this..

ooof… sandpapery tongue 😕

alpin
    Free Member

there are a few huts up in the alps that i pass when touring in summer and they offer “roh milch” or raw milk.

it’s luuurrvly!

at one of the huts you can see the cows through the kitchen.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Anyone here drink raw milk ?’ is closed to new replies.