Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone got XP Pro?
  • SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I’m trying to do a product recovery on my laptop, and before I’ve started (fortunately) I’ve noticed the Windows product key that was stuck to the bottom is missing.

Does anyone know if another code would work, and if so, has anyone got one they could e-mail to me please?

Cheers

woody2000

Erm, that would be somewhat illegal I’m afraid (using someone else’s code that is)

Mounty_73

Does your laptop make it to the desktop ?

If you can, there are many software programs which will identify what your product key is, on the laptop.

You cannot use another persons key.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I’ve not done anything to it yet, so it does make it to the desktop. I was just going to clear it out.

Mounty_73

Various software can be found here;

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/productkeysactivation/tp/topkeyfinder.htm

Also, not all laptops/pc’s will ask you to enter the product key, it depends on the recovery process.

Some laptops use a CD, some contain a recovery/hidden partition to re-install OS.

jon1973
    Free Member

Erm, that would be somewhat illegal I’m afraid (using someone else’s code that is)

It won’t work anyway. The code is linked to the specification and build of your machine. The code is contained within one of the directories on the setup disc, but I can’t remember off hand where it is. Should be able to google to find out where it is.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Magic jellybean keyfinder will do the trick.

Cougar

This ^^

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Just make sure you save the XP product key and not office.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Thanks for the help all- Jelly Bean did a great job.

It didn’t ask for a key though, so it’s all fine. I’ve made a note of it though so thanks again.

Fortunately I don’t have Office so despite my computer illiteracy I’ve got the right one!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got XP Pro?’ is closed to new replies.