Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone got the new Tracer?
  • glynP
    Free Member

I got one a couple of months ago and have had a few rides since, at first I wasn’t sure but the more I ride it the better it gets, it just feels so solid and indestructable (I hope). It also climbs really well, just looking for other opinions!

mrpink
    Free Member

What frame did you used to have?do you use both shock positions + what fork have you got on it?
    I have a 5spot and have had a go on the new DW spot but have yet to try the Tracer!

glynP
    Free Member

I have had them all, only kidding but I have had a lot of bikes, my last one was a blur LT and the tracer is set up with a 140mm fox fork it just seems to be the perfect bike on the rough stuff, I also have a cotic soul for the more local trails and its fantastic to. I think I have the best two bikes available but I guess i’m biased

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    craig1975
    Free Member

I got the new Tracer a couple of months ago to and love it, I’m running it with 140mm pike coil forks.

Its an immense frame, it feels well planted on the downs and with a the U-turn on the Pikes and a flick of the pro-pedal on the RP23 it climbs much more efficiently than my 06 Heckler did, which is what I had before it.

When i first got the Tracer I ran it with the Cane Creek Flush XC headset, i felt it was a bit twitchy on the downs, The stack of the headset was to short with the 140MM forks and didn’t make the ride downhill all that inspiring so unsatisfied I opted to shell out more hard earned Dow and opted for the Normal Cane Creak XC headset, What a difference the higher stack made totally slackened the Geometry and IMO Is now totally immense on the rocky downs, I’m Loving this frame, Its the Dogs Dangly Bits 😀

heihei

Hmmm – shame you need to use pro pedal on a linkage bike. One of the reasons I’ve just plumped for the DW Spot is that based on experience of the Ibis Mojo, the DW design rides perfectly with the shock fully open.

Have to admit that the Tracer looks awesome and it was a toss-up between it and the spot. The DW and frame sizing swung it for me, plus I couldn’t easily get a demo on the Tracer.

glynP
    Free Member

craig 1975, its interesting what you say about the headset, I run a zero stack on mine because a lot of people were saying that with the normal headset it made the head angle too slack, I’ll maybe try it though. I love the coulor of yours, I saw that in Wheelbase, mine is raw aluminium, must try to get a pic on here, I also never use the pro pedal and mine pedals great

iDrew
    Free Member

Mine should be here this week :mrgreen: Sorry craig1975, I’ve gone for Works Red too.

I’ll have to see how I get on with the flush headset/Pikes combo, I have gone for the CC double Xc flush aswell.

heihei, I was really impressed with Extra UK (Intense) with regards a demo bike. Leisure Lakes got one shipped to them on 24 hours notice for me to borrow for the weekend 8)
    When I tried the demo bike I didn’t feel the need to use the pro pedal, in the fully open setting I thought it pedalled better than my Stumpy FSR with PP on.

glynP, I take it yours looks something like this:

glynP
    Free Member

Almost identical except white fox 140mm and its a small, god I cant wait to get home and get back out on it, I’m stuck in a hotel in Manchester

craig1975
    Free Member

I like the slacker angle I’m getting with the normal headset, but to be honest if i didn’t have the U-turn on my Pikes I reckon I would have stuck with the Flush XC, as for the pro pedal I’m still experimenting with it, Ive been using it just because I can, O yea.. and left it on a couple of times when on some sketchy rocky descends… I used to have a DHX5 coil on my Hustler, once I got it set up the way i liked it I never bothered touching it again, it was a set up and forget which I liked very much!!

iDrew the works red looks even better in the flesh

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Tracer Folks. I’m think of changing my Ellsworth Moment for a Tracer, set up with 160mm folks, any of you running bigger forks? Couple of other questions for you owners

1. I am a good 13 stone (good being the main word after Christmas) the Moment is pretty burly and can take the strain of my “awesome power” (read bulk), any of you a “bigger” rider, how do you find it regards flex etc.

2. What the paint like, Ellsworth is anodized and has last 2 years really well. Is the tracer painted, powder coated or anodized. Can you get touch up?

3. Demo bikes, I notices iDrew you said you got one at Leisure Lakes, But my local dealer doesn’t seem to think he can get one. Anyone else demoed before they bought.

Does look good (Although the Moment is a very good frame, I have always thought it has an ugly asre) and reviews seem very good.

To be honest I had a list of 3 frames tracer, 575 and Foes FXR. The Foes has gone up “a bit” to £2300 and the Yeti is getting a bit common (probably cos it looks and goes good). I’m hoping the tracer rides like reviews claim.

Cheers

LabMonkey
    Free Member

I will be ordering one of these frames in a couple of months – saving up and buying the other bits in the mean time.

idrew – What forks are those? Travel?

Cheers, Jon

iDrew
    Free Member

LabMonkey, they are 2008 Fox 36 Talas RC2’s – 160 / 130 / 100mm.

They felt a really good match for the frame, would have been the perfect fork if the switch was between 160 to 140mm.

doof_doof
    Free Member

The 36’s look much better on it than the anemic Pikes IMO.
    The triple rings however on both bikes make me cry.

LabMonkey
    Free Member

idrew – thanks for that, I can’t decide between Float 32 RLC’s (140mm) or Float 36 RC2’s (160mm) – maybe a Talas could be the answer?!

jamie@balfa
    Free Member

Johnikgriff,

The FXR with Curnutt has gone up from £2099 to £2299 with the Curnutt, not bad considering the exchange rate has dropped 25%. Dont forget you can also get the FXR with the same DHX 5.0 shock as the Yeti & Intense for £1849.

J

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got the new Tracer?’ is closed to new replies.