Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Anyone got dry trails yet?
  • scruzer
    Free Member

With spring in the air, any dry trails around yet? Was at Brayton Wood nr Selby last week and couldnt believe how dry the trails were. The Peaks in places is getting better though in others its very wet and claggy…? Whats Dalby like at the mo???

flatfish
    Free Member

just ridden most of the trans cambrian and the 95% was dry, a joy.

timber

I would expect so, the hill has been on fire at least 3 times this week…

jam-bo

Almost dusty in Devon today.

_tom_
    Free Member

The jump track in Leicester was really dry for the past 2 weeks til Friday when it lashed it down 🙁 Haven't tried it since, but I think its been quite dry so hopefully it's riding fast again.

AJ
    Free Member

DRY! still got snow on them! haven't been on my mtb in 2 months !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

forge197
    Free Member

Had dry trials for a few weeks now.

banginon

Dusty dry At Drumlanrig. Fast and fun fun fun!!!

epicyclo

Was out yesterday. Ice aplenty. Where it has melted, mud. Oh frabjous joy!

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

South downs = bone dry 🙂 Christ – I'd forgotten what it was like!

swamp_boy

Out round N of Watford / St Albans / Bricket wood way today. Much better than it has been but still need to be a bit selective where you go.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Anyone done Leckhampton today? Off there tomorrow am….

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Racing in Plymouth today. Should be bone dry and superfast. 😀

atlaz
    Free Member

Dry-ish in the north downs. Positively Saharan compared to two weeks ago

Trekster

as bangin on says, trails in and around Dumfries all pretty dry. The odd wet`n boggy bit where the frost is still coming out if it is in a shaded area. Bit of a wind today and sun is shinin so will dry even more with temps 10+

shortcut

All very dry here. It was even dusty on Thursday night!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Looking dryish on the Mendip area. Popping out for a trundle later.

IdleJon

Dry AND warm(ish) here in Swansea. Even the muddiest of trails have little sog on them at the moment.

Will even manage to get home from work and have a ride before it gets dark this afternoon!!

Mounty_73

The Wyre Forest was ace yesterday and even better today!

daveells
    Free Member

Yup,Wyre's drying out a treat.

devs
    Free Member

Lovely dry trails in Moray yesterday. Just rained now but not much. You don't have to go far to find deep snow though.

oxnop
    Free Member

Did the singletrack around ullswater – up over place fell then down into Martindale yesterday – All bone dry
    Rode local around Bingley/Oxenhope/Hebden Bridge today – not fully dried out yet but definitely much dryer than last weekend

paule
    Free Member

Just done a fell race on Shatton Moor (to the south east of Hope) and it was astoundingly dry – just enough give for grip, otherwise like summer (appart from the freezing wind, but I guess that's partly what's drying the trails)

Spey-Stout
    Free Member

Friday was my 1st off road ride this year, it was more of a push…..

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Grizedale is pretty much dry, theres a few areas in the shade that are still damp. Hasnt rained here for what seems like ages, coniston lake is pretty low (i never ride in there though)

orange
    Free Member

NOPE! was out at llandegla yesterday, mud bath!

tjr666
    Free Member

Mainly dry out Glossop/Rowarth way, but the odd bit of ice (?!) still around, ended up ditching it the other day on the other side of Lantern Pike when front wheel washed out on unexpected ice patch (quite funny though ended up holding onto the bike whilst hopping alongside it till it stopped sliding with my other foot throuh the middle of the frame!).

Bregante

orange, planning to take a few first timers to Llandegla on Wednesday. was it that bad?

joemarshall
    Free Member

Did a quick 10 miler from Belper, Derbyshire just now and it was bone dry. Lovely.

Joe

Daffy

Dry around Leeds, but not sure about Dably…sorry

Northwind

Drunlanrig was pretty dry today, we had DUST! And sliding around on loose dirt and stones instead of on mud.

thefallguy
    Free Member

Chatsworth and Bakewell in the White Peak were fairly dry today, just one or two bits that were still wet, not muddy tho – well to be fair there was some muddy bits but they had a dry line or two through them – does that count? 😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Yep, Mendip is reasonably dry. Spent a couple of hours fooling/trashing around Stockhill on the pixie trails – brilliant, I neither fell nor stalled due to the grip available. YES!

GuyFox40
    Free Member

Kirroughtree was as dry as ive seen it in a long time today, it was like a (dry)summers day

househusband

Ae was bone dry, as was Drumlanrig afterward – even the roots were grippy!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Blairadam has been so dry I've ridden there thrice this week. I thought I'd used up all the good days so me and a mate did a road ride up around Pitlochry and it poured on us.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Was dusty at Newnham this afternoon!

Ewan
    Free Member

Just back from riding dry and dusty singletrack until it was too dark to see 😀 Woking way…

nickegg
    Free Member

Mendips is most certainly dry and sunny too. There is dust on my forks!

Did a couple of hours around Blackdown, Burrington Ham and Roeberrow.

What a nice welcome back after a glorious week in North Wales, it was pretty dry there too.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Dartmoor still fabulous today! 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got dry trails yet?’ is closed to new replies.