Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • anyone got a woodchipper?
  • JRTG
    Free Member

Would love to hear your thoughts……

Taff
    Free Member

No but I need to get one so I need to rent one to trash the trees at the bottom of my garden.

Just realised you meant the bars.. I'll get my coat.

the-muffin-man

We've got one of these…

http://www.duxfordhireandsupply.co.uk/item.php?itemid=12

…and its shite – takes **** ages to feed stuff in – it constantly jams – and it can't cope with anything remotely tough. It spends all its time in the back of the shed now!

I think you'd need to spend some decent wonga on a tough petrol one for them to be truely useful.

didmatt
    Free Member

I use one of these 😉

however, havn't heard much about the smaller 'home' ones. Used one once, and it just got jamed up.

JRTG
    Free Member

didmatt, now you're talking! i wonder if it will chip my old car tyres too? fancy some padding under my hammock for when i fall out……

didmatt
    Free Member

JRTG – Member
    didmatt, now you're talking! i wonder if it will chip my old car tyres too? fancy some padding under my hammock for when i fall out……

Its tractor mounted too, can soon get rid of a tree or two! lol

Interesting using car tyres 😆

*edit* is there something to do with bikes with the same name? 🙄 if so, sorry!.. *looks for the exit*

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

my dad has one

it put him in hospital once (not what you think; he was cleaning it out … he'd been chiping a tree with rising sap and teh sap in the chips burnt him all over his chest 😯 )

no you can't borrow it 😛 😉

tron
    Free Member

Wouldn't want one for DIY use myself, having used a Timberwolf.

JRTG
    Free Member

do you reckon the 31.8 bar size would be best? think of the trail clearance you could do, salsa really have come up trumps again.

nickjb
    Free Member

We've got the cheapest one from b&q. It gets through the big stuff really well. Small twigs are a pain to feed in and leaves come out chewed rather than shredded. We turned a large old apple tree into logs and several sacks of chippings, it was on for most of an afternoon without complaint. It does jam occasionally, usually just after you stop it.

redthunder
    Free Member

I have a Woodmans 16 hammer shredder and chipper.

Something like this.

http://www.agmonline.co.uk/shredders-and-chippers/330-mighty-mac-woodsman-6-petrol-chippershredder.html

No, you cant borrow it either.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘anyone got a woodchipper?’ is closed to new replies.