Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anyone got a G-SPOT?!?
  • moniex
    Free Member

I currently ride a cove hustler (2006, had it for a few years), and took it to the alps this summer. I thought it coped well, but I am really tempted to get a (new or old) G-SPOT. We should be able to go to the alps every year and the "taking the lift up and riding down" really made sense in my book :o).

I also ride a cove stiffee. . .

Anyone got a g-spot? Is it any gud?

I am starting to think every girl should have one. . .

Simone

allthegearandnoidea
    Free Member

Yeah I've got a 2006 g spot. Bought in it Canada, rode the shore and Whistler on it and rode two mega avalanches on it and various Welsh DH tracks and trail centres. Is a really fun bike, if you like cove handling, ie it's short and has a high BB so it's lairy but when you get it right there is no other bike that rides as well!

It's very typically cove, felt like my stiffee, but with really plush suspension and a lot more weight!! The suspension is stupidly plush.

Makes a great uplift bike. The frame (15") is also for sale if you are interested, as I got myself something a bit lighter (orange alpine) as I rarely do uplifts these days.

Cheers

Dave

fivespot
    Free Member

My wifes got one, but can I buggery find it 😆

Android
    Free Member

You'll never find it with buggery 🙄

Vortexracing

PMSL @ Android 😆

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I think they should combine the two, don't you need a stiffee to get the most out of a g-spot! 😆

moniex
    Free Member

LOL, yep in my experience you do!

moniex
    Free Member

Dave, got any more info of the frame you have for sale? My e-mail is in profile.

Thanks Simone

ianpinder
    Free Member

The gspot is great for the downs, people ride em all over the place, but I found it too heavy for a 6inch bike, also because the suspension pivots around the bb then you get loads of bob.

So it's a heavy strong super plush sorted bike, too heavy and inefficiennt to tide up hill, so great for what you say your going to use it for.

However, if your only going to use it for uplifts, push up dh, and the alps then why not buy a proper big bike?

I loved it, but wouldn't buy another.

doug_basqueMTB.com

I tested the old G-Spot and loved it. Heavy going up but great fun going down, it really bobbed about when pedalling though. The new G-Spot will be a very different bike, ít´s got the same suspension design as the STD. I ride a STD and it´s very stiff under pedalling, it´s always something people comment on. I´ve always said that a lighter STD would be a fantastic trail bike, and along comes the G-Spot.

moniex
    Free Member

Mmmm, that sounds tempting, may have to save my pennies for a new one then. Sadly it does not come in pink :o(. Had to get my stiffee frame re-powdercoated about 18 months ago as it was army green! It is now mat purple :o), not much beats a purple stiffee! Cove have now seen sense and are doing a purple one, copy cats!

If I pick up an old g-spot frame I think I may have to keep the hustler, judging by all the comments so far. . .

doug_basqueMTB.com

I started off looking at a G-Spot (EDIT: Old Style G-Spot)and ended up buying a Hustler and a STD. The G-Spot was too compromised for everything I wanted to do.

KeithSmith
    Free Member

fivespot – Member
    My wifes got one, but can I buggery find it

Posted 1 day ago # Report-Post
    Android – Member
    You'll never find it with buggery

Fantastic Comment, couldn't stop laughing made my afternoon

Cheers

snaps
    Free Member

Loving mine but it is heavy, not really an all day bike – I've done a couple of 20+ mile XC routes on it & its hard work on the climbs, but it is good fun if going out with people less fit!

allthegearandnoidea
    Free Member

Hi Moniex I've emailed you regarding the frame. Am trying to send pics but my email account seems to have frozen!! Will keep trying!

moniex
    Free Member

Hi, received the pics, thanks! Will have a look and make up my mind asap. Where abouts are you located?

allthegearandnoidea
    Free Member

I'm in Swansea. Glad you recieved the pics, I didn't think they'd sent

Cheers

Dave

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a G-SPOT?!?’ is closed to new replies.