Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anyone got a 32" Sony Bravia?
  • maxray
    Free Member

Ok so due to the ability to get a handsome discount I am tied to Sony for a new tv. Has anyone got a 32″ one?

I was looking at this one ( KDL-32EX713), but as we still have an old school crt telly I know fek all about the moderns stuff.

Any advice appreciated 🙂

ooOOoo
    Free Member

luvlly looking teevee
    prescence sensor
    youtube and lovefilm
    if you can get a good price, cant see any problems with that

ruddy
    Free Member

Have a 32EX403 which I bought a couple of months ago.

Very nice, great blacks, sound is good for lcd. Interface is very nice. However, CRT picture was better (prior to blowing up).

Despite that I would recommend them.

swiss01
    Free Member

is it me or have i heard this ‘my crt had a better picture story’ cropping up before?

i only ask as i have an annoyingly large crt telly clogging up one fo the corners of my living room. we’re entertaining the idea of getting rid of it in favour of one of these skinny tellies you can put on the wall as we really only use it for dvds.

should i bother?

glenp
    Free Member

CRT better? Have you got into the set up and tuned-up your picture? All the factory settings are atrocious on all makes of new tv, but the results can be sublime once you’ve turned all the gubbins down – almost no sharpening, easy on the colour and contrast, very careful about “enhancement” features etc.

ruddy
    Free Member

Not played around with it – would not know where to start (may try your suggestions).

I used to switch my old CRT on and the picture was great (no fiddling required).

Oh – Sony also benefits for usb port, computer plug in port, internet gubbins, takes up less space, looks better and has freeview hd. And the remote has a cool button on the back to switch it off.

Drac

Have you tried plugging your CRT into Sky HD or a Blu-ray payer with a HDMI cable for true test? Oh wait you can’t.

glenp
    Free Member

Don’t have a Sony, so don’t know what the menu wotsits are called myself, but it won’t be hard. You really should do it though, because the standard settings (like in the tv showrooms) are just horrible. Everything turned up to 11 etc.

I went for Philips in the end and googled around for someone’s settings, then copied those and made minor further tweaks for my own sake.

A really good shortcut is to put the tv into movie mode, which will probably turn off most of the crap. It will probably look unexciting at first – but this is better!

maxray
    Free Member

Well, just to finish the thread and incase anyone else ever searches for similar we plumped for a 32″ sony Bravia and my it is amazing compared to our old 22″ CRT 🙂

The wireless functionality allowing youtube/iplayer 4od & lovefilm etc aswell as the dlna meaning i can view music images and video direct from my Desire has blown me away to be honest.

as surf matt would say AWESOME!!
    Sony Bravia kdl-32ex713
    😀

Harry_the_Spider

Hopefully getting a 32EX403 this afternoon. Reassuring that you think it’s OK ruddy.

Haze

Bought a 32KDLW5500 just under 12 months ago, standard definition alone was a massive improvement on the CRT we had before it.

Has DLNA so I can plug it into my router to stream music and video, with the little help of PS3 Media Server software.

Haven’t a lot to compare it to, but so far it’s been excellent.

cxi
    Free Member

I bought an 32EX403 a few weeks ago. Very happy with it and I’ve not got round to tweaking the picture yet.

I got the USB WiFi dongle for it and things like iPlayer work a treat. Also use that to stream music/photo’s from my XP PC (running Windows Media Player)

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Can you still claim the VAT back on the Sony too despite the discount? They are offering to refund VAT before end of year IIRC.

Harry_the_Spider

Yep. Bought mine ( 32EX403 ) an hour ago. With the VAT back it comes in at £349.99.

It’s in a box in the front room. As soon as the kids are in bed I’m playing with it.

maxray
    Free Member

I think our discount included the removal of vat.. better check.

Harry_the_Spider

The VAT back is direct from Sony. Send them the form from the shop and some other bits and bobs.

skinnysteel
    Free Member

32EX703 here. Despite not being much of a tele watcher I’m well impressed.
    Very simple to set up & adjust picture etc, with what at least to me seems like superb quality picture. As above haven’t felt the need to look at HD.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a 32" Sony Bravia?’ is closed to new replies.