Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone ever holidayed with 'A Quick Release'?
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Looking into the idea of a late bike break & these cropped up.
    Riding in the Pyrenees around Luchon.

It seems a lot of the Alps-based bike Co's are gearing up for the snow season at the end of Sept/early Oct when i'm looking to go so it's looking like Spain or the French Pyrenees.

garage-dweller

Sounds like an altogether different kind of riding holiday to me. You sure it's not in Amsterdam? 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

I don't have first hand experience of AQR but having just come back from the Alps, I heard good things from other guests about Swithcback in Sierra Nevada in Spain. Might give them a go next year.

nickc

Never been on Holiday with them myself but a couple of friends have, and have nothing but good things to say about the region and AQR

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Switchbacks are another one i'm looking into, just that the French Pyrenees seem to be less 'in vogue' so was interested.

crazy-legs

One holiday in Luchon and one (UK) skills day.

Luchon is fantastic, lovely and quiet compared to places like Morzine but with spectacular riding as well. Based in a little hotel, the chef is superb (plus he's a shit hot downhiller as well).
    And Ian and Kate together will have you riding better within a couple of days.

They have Cotics available to hire and they do both road and MTB weeks.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Crazy-Legs –

I'm looking at the XC Challenge package, what sort of riding is it & what sort of bike would be best? (Choice of 04 Mount Vision or 09 Wolf Ridge)

donsimon
    Free Member

I hear Kate is quite handy at XC riding. I have never been but have met them, nice people.

I'm looking at the XC Challenge package, what sort of riding is it & what sort of bike would be best? (Choice of 04 Mount Vision or 09 Wolf Ridge)

Why not email them directly?

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Anyone ever holidayed with 'A Quick Release'?

Regularly and often. This is the first year, pretty much since they started I've NOT gone, and that's due to a planned house move.

Great trails, great guiding, STUNNING food. Very different feel to the Alps. Just do it.

Take the Wolf Ridge. It'll be OK on the climbs, more fun on the downs.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I like the look of the holiday – seems that getting there might be problematic though.
    Not having much luck googling flights for saturdays – not unless i want to pay in excess of £200 & spend most of the day sat in Schipol airport.. 🙁

jlc
    Free Member

Been on one holiday with Ian and Kate at Luchon. Even though only my girlfriend and I had booked for that week, they still kept the holiday running and did not ask us to change weeks which was superb. The guiding, location, skills training and support was excellent. It was very tailored to the individual and the number of trails out there is amazing, even though we only did the easier ones.
    The food each night was simply superb and they could not have been more helpful. Don't go there thinking you are going to lose weight though.
    Would highly recommend it, and also the skills training in the uk. A very professional company indeed. The holiday couldn't have been better.

steviep
    Free Member

We have been 3 times with Ian and Kate cant recommend it high enough. Fantastic trails, fabulous guiding, brilliant food, just go and enjoy.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ever holidayed with 'A Quick Release'?’ is closed to new replies.