Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone else with a Juicy leak?
  • fackit
    Free Member

Has anyone else had fluid leak issues from the cylinder in their 'Juicy 3'? I would like to hear from you and how you resolved the issue? Cheers

coatesy
    Free Member

Can't say i've come across any leaking cylinders(assuming you mean the master cylinder), but seal/piston kits are readily available, assuming it's the seals at fault rather than a damaged bore.If you change the seal assembly, it's worth flushing everything out with brake cleaner in case the originals failed due to contamination(indiscriminate use of some spray lubes can cause this).

fackit
    Free Member

Cheers coatesy – it's the lever cylinder, i have used no spray lubes near the bars so from what you have said, it should just be a matter of replacing the 'cap'…

mk1fan
    Free Member

Do you mean leaking out from around the cylinder cap?

It can happen if you pull really hard on the brake lever when the calliper is already locked on.

Remove the cap; empty the cylinder; clean everything up; check for damage; then re-assemble seating the rubber seal using a smear of Sram Pit Stop DOT grease – it isn't effected by DOT 4.0 or 5.1; finally refill/bleed the brakes. Should sort it out.

fackit
    Free Member

MK1fan – Yes it is the cylinder cap, but it happens when i've had had the bike upside down and the lever doesn't have to be pulled hard either.

I appreciate the advice and from that it would seem that a new brake (with warranty) would make more sense all round…

monkeychild
    Free Member

Yup had it happen on Juicy 3 and 5s the pos brakes that they are.

coatesy
    Free Member

If it's just from the cap,it's probably a split in the diaphragm. Cheap and easy to replace, pretty sure we've got a couple in the shop if you want one without buying the full service kit, but i'll have to check tomorrow.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else with a Juicy leak?’ is closed to new replies.