Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 115 total)
  • Anyone else watching tomorrow's forecasts
  • bruneep

Yup, max gust all night was 35knts, aves at 30.

It’s a normal Autumn day on the South Coast

Typical summers day in Scotland

tjagain

raining a bit in Leith. No snowmaggeddon here

badnewz
    Free Member

It’s 1987 all over again!

bearnecessities

Wigan’s wetter than an otter’s pocket.

prawny

Tried to ride to work, turned round sharpish and got the train instead. Fairly sure I’d have been killed horribly. Nearly got blown into the road walking to the station.

hammyuk
    Free Member

35?
    Currently 30+ with 45+ gusts on the south coast

perchypanther
    Free Member

Took this on m y commute this morning.

Summed the experience up perfectly….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Rutherglen, dropped to 34 by the time my Pizza had arrived at Bridge Road in Beechworth though.

irc

Heavy snow falling just north of Glasgow. Breezy rather than gales though. Only lying as slush at the moment on the road and very wet snow on the verges. .

Heading out to Glasgow Airport shortly once local school traffic dies away.

Radio just saying M80 blocked with snow at Castlecary. Glad I’ve got the all seasons on the car. no mentions of any of my route to the airport having issues.

Chaos on M80 live traffic cam

https://trafficscotland.org/livetrafficcameras/view/?cam=202

BoardinBob

Pretty heavy at the moment here in the Glasgow southside but it’s way too wet to lie

br
    Free Member

Nothing in the eastern Borders but took my lad 2 hours to do 20 miles early this morning because of lying and falling snow.

onehundredthidiot

Hawick is damp. They were gritting the pavements in pouring rain. Not a flake and a wee breeze.

Northwind

Rubbish here at Riccarton, sleet and mush, but quite nice further up- gave my neighbour a lift up to Harlaw, a bit further into the pentlands, fair bit of snow on the roads up there and all getting fairly pretty. “Turn around!” “I can’t! FORWARDS OR DEATH!”

Ewan
    Free Member

Was like cycling in a jet washer for 22km for me. Just glad we have a drying room at work!

br
    Free Member

Hawick is damp. They were gritting the pavements in pouring rain. Not a flake and a wee breeze. [/I]

As commented a bit before you, he was in Hawick, left at 1am to drive back up to Melrose.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

For a gentle pootle round the block in these windy conditions, to wake up, would you use…
    29er wheels with either 38c or 58c tyres?
    Fat wheels and JJs for their extra weight, despite the cosswind surface area?

pictonroad

I’m working in the far North (Hatfield), need to get this fascinating 11am meeting done and dusted so I can get back before they shut the bridge and M25 armageddon kicks in.. 😕

scotroutes

4-5cm of soft snow at street level, no wind. Yes, we are laughing at some of the “wild weather” reports given what we get up here occasionally.

lucky7500

Heavy rain and pretty windy here on the east coast of the borders.

project
    Free Member

Lots of trees down on wirral, train lines closed, Flint bridge closed , britania bridge closed, neighbours out door umberella has just flown over their house and is now in neighbours garden a few doors down, broken in bits,and lights now flashing ocasionally.

tenfoot

I’m working in the far North (Hatfield), need to get this fascinating 11am meeting done and dusted so I can get back before they shut the bridge and M25 armageddon kicks in..

Sorry – I think it might be too late 🙁

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/news/storm-threatens-total-closure-of-121045/

richmtb

Since when did “Weather Bomb” become a way to describe fairly normal winter weather?

Wind and wintry showers are hardly unusual.

There is a bit of slush in central Glasgow, although I know north of the city got a reasonable amount but its rapidly turning to rain.

No reports from the alpine region of East Kilbride. I presume its denizens are currently engaged in a life or death struggle with the Wolves of Winter and wondering how long after being snowbound they can justify cannablism.

somafunk

Suns out, blue sky but a bit blowy in Kirkcudbright, my wheelie bin hasn’t blown over yet though….I’ll keep you updated……..

jam-bo

Since when did “Weather Bomb” become a way to describe fairly normal winter weather?

its all to do with the way the storm forms and develops. explosive cyclogenesis isn’t quite such a catchy headline.

edit:

official definition is:

To enter this category, the central pressure of a depression at 60° latitude is required to decrease by 24 mb (hPa) or more in 24 hours.

duckman
    fifeandy
    Free Member

Just plain old unspectacular minging here.
    Alternating between snow/sleet with brief heavy horizontal downpours.

iainc

No reports from the alpine region of East Kilbride. I presume its denizens are currently engaged in a life or death struggle with the Wolves of Winter and wondering how long after being snowbound they can justify cannablism.

Nope, it was snowing a bit when I left for work, roads all fine, maybe a cm of snow on the grass. A regular wintery day….

perchypanther
    Free Member

wondering how long after being snowbound they can justify cannablism.

12 months.

As long as it snows at least once a year it’s business as usual.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Jam bo – were you watching CH4 news last night too?!?

Very windy and slightly wet down south. Going for a walk after pub lunch so expect to be blown around quite a bit.

Andy my other Fife source has gone quiet – a bit blowy on the links I expect!!

benp1

Bloomin’ wind, fence panel in my garden has blown down… grrr… job for the weekend

richmtb

Nope, it was snowing a bit when I left for work, roads all fine, maybe a cm of snow on the grass. A regular wintery day….

iz disapoint

scuttler

Dartford looks a bit stressful.

v8ninety

It’s proper windy in Brum. Reckon it’s done thousands of pounds worth of improvements to the city…

project
    Free Member

Most mersey rail train cancelled trees on the lines, trains cancelled from liverpool lime st mainline, no power for trains, thelwall viaduct m6 closed both directions, local parks all closed and locked.

mrchrispy

I sailed in this morning…literally, awesome tail wind.
    I full expect 180 turn around so I get an easy ride home 🙂

tenfoot

Dartford looks a bit stressful

Glad I don’t have to do that journey everyday, anymore.

aracer
    Free Member

So what’s a sensible max wind speed to go out riding a road bike? Forecast on BBC still suggesting 58mph, but Met Office only now suggesting 34mph and nearest weather station only has 29mph most recent. (edit: realised the difference, BBC has max gust, Met Office is average)

Itching to go out Strava pot hunting 😉 (have just flagged a couple of “rides” in cars on segments I might go for 🙂 )

rocketman
    Free Member

It’s really kicking off in Staffordshire

sharkbait
    Free Member

tree down and blocked the road completely 200m from us – it is quite breezy!
    I’m tempted to take the tractor down and try and claim salvage but my farmer neighbour probably has other ideas.

molgrips
    Free Member

Saw a a VW Tiguan on the A465 this morning near Abergavenny that had either hit or been hit by a falling tree. Fortunately not a big one.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 115 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else watching tomorrow's forecasts’ is closed to new replies.