Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Anyone else waitng on a CRC delivery?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Three orders placed on Sunday. Two were dispatched on Monday. The third, no more that 20 order numbers on, still hasn’t been dispatched.

Two email enquiries have been fobbed off with things like “delivered as soon as possible” and “unforseen delay”, you know, the answers with no answers type stuff.

Nearly a week later, card has been charged on the Monday and the item is still showing as in stock, their website still boasts next day dispatch.

Normally they’re pretty good but this is pants. made worse by the lack of communication. Just a one off or is there a problem right now?

5lab

i suspect the ‘problem’ is massive discounts being used by everyone and their goat to order lots of kit at a time of year that’s already their busiest?

I ordered something on Monday, arrived Weds. Business as usual

HermanShake
    Free Member

I’ve ordered some small parts, they’re taking longer than usual. But at least I can count on them arriving in a suitably massive box 😆

Northwind

Nope, placed an order on tuesday, arrived on thursday.

Onzadog
    Free Member

so people have made orders that have “queue jumped” the one I’m talking about placed on Sunday. Interesting.

All-On-Black
    Free Member

could be out of stock still, I had that recently.. and ended up cancelling the item to get it somewhere else where it was actually in stock.

I placed one order this week, a frame, a headset and a bb, the frame came 2 days later and the other two bits came 3 days later..

Onzadog
    Free Member

It said in stock at the time of order, it’s said in stock all week and it still says in stock now. Any they charged the card on Sunday which I didn’t think they did if it wasn’t in stock.

All-On-Black
    Free Member

Said the same for me though, sometimes their site isn’t up to date for whatever reason.
    I know that doesn’t help but you should give them a call and explain, if they haven’t got it in stock and haven’t charged your card then just cancel it and get it somewhere else if you can

muckytee
    Free Member

Ordered on Tuesday – still waiting.

CRC always take a while with me though, last time I placed an order with them, no dispatch email or anything the items just showed up in about three days, I live near Leeds – don’t know why this is.

Woody
    Free Member

Ordered quite a few bits late on the 30th – still processing………………..

Sum
    Free Member

CRC does seem to be taking longer than usual delivering my orders recently, but then they usually do at this time of year. I guess people are taking advantage of their discounts on the run up towards Christmas.

Hornet600
    Free Member

I ordered some bits last Sunday and am still waiting. I have emailed twice and spoken to them on the phone, issues with warehouse apparently. My order is still progressing and as I am waiting the other other bits I want to buy with my voucher are going out of stock!!!!!
    Come on CRC, sort it out.

cakefacesmallblock

Ordered Monday, still waiting. Have only ever used CRC three times (once to try them following a mates recommendation and twice because Merlin didn’t have what I wanted) and on each occasion delivery has been about a week.
    Not the best in my view, by a very long way.

MrAgreeable

Have been waiting about two weeks here for a small order of “in stock” items. Perhaps they should start putting “allow 21 days for delivery” on their website, like in the pre-internet days…

simontee
    Free Member

CRC certainly don’t seem to be the reliable company they used to be. 5 years ago I always expected to get stuff the next day, and I always did apart from maybe once when it was two days (and I am in East Kent). I even had something ordered at 16:30 one day with the postman knocking on the door at 07:30 the next morning. That is amazingly fast for the distance from Belfast. This year, I got caught with the credit card scam in March, like many others, and I don’t think I have received anything next day. I also received someone else’s package about a month ago. Spoke to CRC and sent it back at my cost, and have not received the promised postage refund or a voucher. I am now awaiting a large order, part is in transit and I have a tracking number, but the majority shows in processing. As to charging your credit card, I though it was illegal to charge unless the goods are available and reasonably close to despatch. Maybe time to reconsider who gets my custom, although sometimes their deals and stock are hard to ignore!

Simon

o96192083
    Free Member

Interesting to see this thread. My sister made an order last Thursday, the item arrived on Saturday but I later found out she had recieved an email on Friday telling her it had been cancelled…… yet she did not ask for this to happen, and I have the item in my house.

Bear in mind other shops do good price match systems, and Evans will in store price match CRC as long as the item is in stock and matches exactly. Most of them have often deliveries too so you would probably get it quicker by collecting in store than by post.

carlphillips
    Free Member

ordered a few ‘in stock’ things to fix my hub last Sunday…..still waiting.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Perhaps they should start putting “allow 21 days for delivery” on their website, like in the pre-internet days…

Agreed!! lol

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else waitng on a CRC delivery?’ is closed to new replies.