Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • anyone else sledged out………………and hill names.
  • ton

been sledging since 9 this morning, i am totaly wrecked from it…. 😆
    i want to put the sledges away till next year, the daughter wants to go again this evening….. 😥

and on another note, what are the hills called where you sledge.
    in wakefield we have sledged on 'cannonball hill' in thornes park, and on 'bellyache hill' on dacre fields.

tails
    Free Member

golf course hill.

pacemaker
    Free Member

"Hill 60" and also the "Farmers field that you cant sledge" in but everyone does 😀

bassspine
    Free Member

the "Farmers field that you cant sledge" in but everyone does

there's one of those just outside my village. #1 son is up there now…

Bunnyhop

No – can't get enough.
    We've been out for 2.5 hours this morning at Hawk Green.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Pot Noodle Hill (sponsored by Iceland Foodmarkets) we don't play around there anymore, not since "the accident"

sambob
    Free Member

eccles pike, its super steep 😀

flip
    Free Member

'Brindley Heath near the pools steep bit'

on Cannock Chase

valleydaddy
    Free Member

The Darren

up above Aberdare, been up there on and off with my girls all week, getting a bit too icy now, but more snow coming 😛

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Only Pitville park to test the new sledge but Cleeve, Leckhampton and some old faves back home: Badger bank, Cresta walk (like the cresta run but slower…) and Days Field may be on the cards later in the week 🙂

singletrackmind

Butser Hill. Skied from 9.30 – 12.30 this morning. walking up each time is rubbish, and i reckon its 80% walking 20% skiing. But skiing in Hampshire , for free in very light snow was more successful than my biking attempts. Got to play in powwow as well, not too deep and not too steep , but hey who cares.
    Big thanks to the 2 lads who pushed my car out for me. Dunno if your on here but you came out of QE park as I was going, in a group of 5 or so.

CHB

Went sledging in Roundhay Park at 1530 this afternoon.
    Did one run down from the Mansion to the bottom (thought that the last drop into the cricket pitch was a sheer drop, it isn't).
    We then decided to go down hill 60. There is a set of steps that takes you to the top (overlooking the pavilion), as we climbed, there was a young woman who had sledged off a 4ft drop and landed on the steps.
    She had really hurt her back, so I stayed with her and her mates till the ambulance turned up. Was freezing as I gave her my coat to cover her (couldn't move her as it was a suspected spinal).
    Took 7 people to precariously carry her up the steps to the carpark near the skatepark.
    My family had fun sledging in the meantime though!
    We also found a sweet spot in Templenewsam golf course in the morning to sledge.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

box hill.

ow ow ow ow ow. I thought i'd just hurt my coccyx but woke up the next day to find lots more bruises! great fun though.

midlifecrashes

Cusworth Hall is where it's at in Doncaster. Absolutely rammed today, just starting to wear through in places when we left. Ambulances visited twice when we were there.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

the bunny run – calverley, leeds

Ambrose

Herbert's Quarry, close to the top of Mynydd Ddu, Brecon Beacons. NEVER fails to deliver. So many old inclines and grassy lumps to have fun on. total wipeout in powder. Wer had to walk up because Mrs Ambrose had an ' I want to have grandchildren' moment and wouldn't let me drive to the top. So we walked the last two miles and had a lift down later with a friend. Good for skiing up there too

taka
    Free Member

big hill near a windbank nr kettlewell 😉

Bunnyhop

Taka – we went back to One World yesterday, Halifax. One of the tows broke though, but still got in a good few hours skiing.

Smee
    Free Member

Plora Craig. 😀

carlphillips
    Free Member

the field at the back of my house, **** steep and covered in dogs eggs, great fun for all the family.

Mostly Midsummer & Ragged Stone Hills, Hollybush, South Malverns,
    Great sledging 3 days in last 5. Cream crackered now. Just great powder snow.

matt_outandabout

'Our Back Field', '9th Green', 'Ardeonaig drive' and Beinn Glas
    And yes, the 11th day in a row I have sledged or skied or both….

scuttler

Cop Hill above Meltham, Holme Valley – not been there this year but an awesome spot. Meltham Golf Course for something far safer but excellent fun.

Chevin
    Free Member

See thread "Sods Law" – Baildon Golf Course – Painful Bas***d! 😀

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘anyone else sledged out………………and hill names.’ is closed to new replies.