Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • anyone else riding into 2011?
  • eth3er
    Free Member

Just got back, I can’t articulate the amazingness of it all. Such a good short ride. Bumped into someone else while trying to keep the Peaks to myself, he seemed to be enjoying it as well.
    I want more midnight rides! Happy new year.

rOcKeTdOg

🙂

steveh

Ha eth3er if you met someone on the roman road/houndkirk moor that was me. I’m just back in too, a fantastic ride. Spent the tick of new year watching fireworks over Sheffield and then headed down my favourite cheeky trail to the sound of vanilla ice from random selection on the ipod.

Now time for sleep I think!

crazymoon
    Free Member

here i am reading this with people around me passed out! listening to the chain so all is good

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Well done everyone who made it out at the right time. I watched the sky above the valley behind us light up with chinese lanterns around midnight – never seen so many.

However; I’m just back in from a rather damp scoot round the roads and tracks on the cross bike, which in spite of the constant drizzle was lovely.

Happy New Year! 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

Yes lanterns a plenty, some interesting launch techniques too…pics later

rOcKeTdOg

Sloe Gin, Blackberry vodka and Damson Gin stop

Hip Flask stop by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

eth3er
    Free Member

Hey Steve,ja that was me. It just occurred to me that the whole time we were talking I had my helmet light in your eyes. Sorry about that.
    I did pretty much the same, got to the top waited for midnight and then rode back to thunderous applause as Sheffield sky was being set on fire. Brilliant sights and sounds.
    Bizarre observation; sheep grazing at midnight!

steveh

No worries, I didn’t really notice it! Glad you had a good ride though. Still can’t believe I met anyone else out there though!

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘anyone else riding into 2011?’ is closed to new replies.