• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by rj.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone bought an Orange Blood?
  • GNARGNAR
    Free Member

And if so what is like? What’s the frame weight like (with or without shock) and would anyone in a position to comment like t suggest why it would be worth £400+ more than the very similar Transition Bottlerocket?

Rorschach
    Free Member

8.2lb 17″ with rp23.Gets more filing cabinet comments.

mamadirt
    Free Member

pulls up a chair

Love to have a test ride but I’m guessing the ‘filing cabinet’ comments mean it’s gonna be just as noisy as my Tazer 😕

would anyone in a position to comment like t suggest why it would be worth £400+ more than the very similar Transition Bottlerocket?

Now that Transition no longer have a UK importer and are shipping direct to UK themselves, prices have risen a bit ($1261 for the frame and $444 for the shock) – £1161 (not bad though considering shipping, import fees and taxes are included according to the recent Dirt news article).

rj
    Free Member

I demoed one at Glentress last month. I’m generally not an Orange fan, but it’s a cracking bike. An adjustable fork would help it to go uphill as it’s a bit choppery, but it pedals really well and I reckon it was probably as good on the climbs as my Meta 5. It’s great fun downhill, very fast and confidence inspiring. I’m seriously considering getting one if I ever have any money ever again (which seems unlikely).

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

to be fair,

its not a bike designed for going uphill though…

si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

Very similar to one of these (2008 Brodie Derelict) but without a horst link 🙂 I also have a few small 08’s for much cheapnes….

rj
    Free Member

You’re quite right simply_oli_y, but for a bike that isn’t meant to go up hills, it does surprisingly well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone bought an Orange Blood?’ is closed to new replies.