Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone been to Palestine?
  • OmarLittle
    Free Member

Might have the opportunity to visit Palestine next month and have a few numpty questions for anyone who has been – It would be the West Bank so i assume you fly to Israel or Jordan and cross the border? If it is Israel then is it better to stay there and cross the border each day or are there hotels there? What is the situation with taking photos or videos etc?

In the likes of North Korea there are pretty strong guidelines (and a minder) on what can be seen and photograph so it never feels like you could accidentally say, see or do something that you shouldnt, but with Israel / West Bank it seems a bit more chaotic/anarchic and would rather not do something to piss off the IDF or Hamas!

alfabus
    Free Member

‘The Promise’ didn’t make it seem like a particularly alluring holiday destination. Good luck 🙂

Dave

iDave
    Free Member

I rode from Dan in northern Israel down to Jericho, then up to Jerusalem during the first intifada. A few dodgy moments, but loved it all. Just smile and learn a bit of Arabic. And don’t be American.

can-uk
    Free Member

I live and work in the gulf.. so i need to avoid Israeli stamps in my passport. When i used to go to Ramallah, i used to fly into Amman Jordan and get a car to drive me down to the Allenby crossing near the dead sea. It’s quicker to go via Israel (i.e. Jerusalem) though.

There are hotels and people are very nice and accepting of tourists in the West Bank.. have never been to Gaza.. have always avoided it. No restrictions from Palestinians on taking photos.. if anything it’s the Israelis who will try and restrict you.

EDIT: Sorry Israelis will try and restrict you at border control points and military installations… just common sense.. once in israel or palestine there’s no real restrictions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been to Palestine?’ is closed to new replies.