Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone been driving today?
  • Smee
    Free Member

I drove home from my mothers and there are a fair number of people who are obviously pissed out there. As is people driving at 15mph in a 60 limit one a clear gritted road.

Anyone else seen someone who should be banned?

dangriff
    Free Member

Had to take my 19 mth old daughter to A&E this morning, with a small plastic ball stuck in her throat. The response car bloke was crap, asking me to take her in myself. She started gagging and coughing on the way in, so I ended up seeing 140 on the speedo and ran all the reds.

Not what I wanted to be doing, but needs must. She's fine now but has a sore throat and expecting to poo it out tomorrow.

spikerman_1
    Free Member

dangriff

That is horrible for you, glad is has a happy ending.

Spike

Smee
    Free Member

Dangriff i would have done the same. Hope she is ok.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Well done, dangriff.
    We drove this morning, slow and peaceful trip. Made me want Winter tyres and 4WD. We passed maybe 5 cars only, one overtook us easily. Often, I was doing 25mph on a 60mph road. Makes me a loser, right Goan?

Smee
    Free Member

Hairychested – your driving doesnt make you a loser but your comment does.

Flaperon

Driving back from Plymouth about 7pm last night saw a lot of drunk drivers, mostly executive car types who'd obviously been at some office Xmas party. Two of them didn't even have lights on, the others were weaving and alternating between 50mph and 80mph on the A38.

No police out whatsoever, presumably all dealing with minor shunts while these bell-ends try to ruin someone else's Christmas forever.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Drive within your limits and using your best judgement about the conditions on a cold, snowy and icy day. You never know when you might be caught out by some ice you didn't see and end up fishtailing your car after driving too quickly for the conditions.

zokes
    Free Member

Goan – Premier Member

Hairychested – your driving doesnt make you a loser but your comment does.

You don't even have to pass comment to befall that fate, Smee

Smee
    Free Member

And like that the list of usual suspects is complete.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Today's a great day for driving drunk! Hardly any cars on the road, a few cyclists (but they don't count), and only one traffic cop on duty in the county. What's not to like? 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Very slippy in central Edinburgh earlier this evening. The fine coat of dampness had solidified and not a gritter in sights. VERY light steering all the way home.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Glad your fishing trip is complete TrollingSmeeGoan. Hope you have a lovely Christmas and find it in yourself to find less fault with every other driver on the road in the coming year.

Woody
    Free Member

Dangriff

I'm staggerred that a 'response car' bloke asked you to take your daughter to hospital yourself. Was he a Paramedic and did you/he know or suspect the ball was in her throat at the time ?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been driving today?’ is closed to new replies.