Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Anyone any good with the math?
  • poly
    Free Member

Maybe good with math and good with English don’t always go together

I thought my parenthesis made it clear this was before taking off the £30 transfer fee. Sorry if it did not. I also made clear that weekends would screw it up.

hofnar
    Free Member

Mefty,

Appologies for not trowing in the tax its prob cos I barely pay tax on interest as I spread my cash over differen countries and makes sure to change me residency if worthwhile.

Neil-F
    Free Member

Why the hell does a bank want to charge you £30 for transfering YOUR money into YOUR mortgage account???
    Even if they do, why not charge for the 10k transfers as well?
    Bloody banks, pissing all over us! 👿

mefty
    Free Member

It doesn’t matter we have done important work here!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

sorry to hear that fella… I’d rather have my loved ones than money any day.
    make ’em proud however you spend it.

I hope I can – and there’ll be no blowing it – treating myself to a new iPad (engraved with ‘mum & dad’) and the rest will be invested (by paying off the mortgage initially I think) and for my girls in savings accounts for when they go to uni or whatever.

I agree with Neil f though – money paid in today but it is theirs till Thursday then they want to charge more if I want it out quickly. I wish my mortgage account allowed cheque deposits – it’d have taken a step out.

Sidney
    Free Member

I reckon you ‘save’ £2.48 by doing a 10k each day. That doesn’t take into account any interest earnt whilst you have the positive balance. If you forget to do it one day then it would have have been cheaper to pay the fee.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

As a matter of interest have you tried asking the bank why the charge £30, then before they answer, asking them what’s involved in closing your account and moving to another bank (asking them if they value £30 above your business)?

scaredypants

never mind the cash

math is fine by me – or math’s maybe ?

😉
    🙄
    😛

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

There’s a lesson learned – £30 to have it done in one go and not waste my time moving £10k a day? HAH!

3/4 of an hour sat with a bloke who faffed and took his time and even asked ME what to put in the ‘Beneficiary’ box on his screen. How the chuff do I know? I gave him the sort code, account number, account name etc but he still asked me what to fill in on HIS screen!

Then told me my signature didn’t match the one they had on system even though it did.

I wish I had just done it myself on internet banking now.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Anyone any good with the math?’ is closed to new replies.