Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Any Z4 owners on here?
  • DT78
    Free Member

I know it's not a practical biking car but a friend is looking to get rid of his quick and has offered me a superb 'mates rate'

Does anyone have one and uses a bike rack to carry their bike? How does it work out?

I've got a saris bones and was thinking of removing the wheels on the bike and just carrying the frame, however the bumper on the z4 looks a bit flimsy so wondering if it is a good idea…

Any advice?

Black
    Free Member

There's no roof rack for a Z4 as there's no mounts for one. You'd need to mount a towbar as I'm told that the boot hinges aren't strong enough for a boot rack.

I looed into getting one. Got a 330ci instead.

br
    Free Member

I thought we did the gay thread last week?

mcwyc
    Free Member

There is no official BMW bike rack for the Z4 but you can fit one on for I've succeeded!!! I used to have a Z4 and after much deliberating I bought the Saris Bones RS rack, bit pricey but worked a treat. Two reinforced straps hooked over the boot lid Top and bottom) and it's fine, not marks or dents – though as with all straps don't overtighten. When fitted it did look like a sail on the car – hate to think of the mpgs I was getting!
    Can't figure this picture hosting thing so will email you some photos…

Brother_Will
    Free Member

br you beat me to it

epicyclo

Rather than wreck the car carrying the bike, why not get a breakaway mtb (eg Dahon Flo) and stuff it in the boot. (It looks like there is a reasonable boot)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any Z4 owners on here?’ is closed to new replies.