Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Any tips for bleeding hayes stroker trails?
  • granny_ring

Just about to have a go using a syringe and not the bottle bleed kit if I can find all the bits needed. Read the hayes online guide and it looks straight forward, but then again things always look easy reading them…… 🙂

Any tips for these brakes in particular?

TIA

FuzzyWuzzy

No, but good luck, I’ve never managed a good bleed on Stroker Trails but apparently it’s easy :p

anjs
    Free Member

good vid on youtube. Flicking the leaver as you push the fluid through seems to help get the air oour. Oh and watch the screw in the leaver can strip the thread quite easily

granny_ring

🙂
    Well it’s stopped before it’s started…

Just noticed the widget you screw into master cylinder is quite a big diameter and the bleed hose isn’t big enough 🙄

Anyone what size hose I need & where to get it. Dont really want to buy a hayes bleed kit.

tops5
    Free Member

Seriously – take it to a shop – flimming nightmare!

Out of interest is there an easy to bleed brake on the market?

granny_ring

I’ve ordered some bigger diameter hose but I’m going to try the lbs tomorrow to speed it up!

My old minis and m4s were fine to bleed just took a little while. I will try the trails at some point but expecting hard work maybe with practice it’ll become easier……..maybe 🙂

EccentricEllis

Good luck

100mphplus
    Free Member

TBH I’ve always found them a doddle doing exactly what the instructions say, even using the bottle.

Just make sure the pistons are fully pushed back and hold the hose on the caliper bleed valve to stop it coming off when you’re squeezing the bottle.

granny_ring

Just seen the hayes vid on youtube, cheers anjs.

Noticed that the bleed hose from the master cylinder fits inside the screw in attachment 🙄 so I should be able to use the bleed hose that I’ve got. From the vid it looks like there’s a one way valve in this section, will I be able to bleed them without a valve on the drain hose?

Cheers

Macavity
    Free Member

Which video were you looking at?

granny_ring

Macavity, the first video.
    Looks like the yellow bit in the pipe a one way valve?

EDIT Also would a 20ml syringe be big enough to bleed in one hit or should I get a 50ml one?

100mphplus
    Free Member

Also would a 20ml syringe be big enough to bleed in one hit or should I get a 50ml one?

Depends how much air there is in the system and where it is. A little tip to get the air up to the lever, (and effectively bleed it), is to use a velcro strap or zip tie to lock the lever on and leave it over night wheel side down so the levers are uppermost.. Even better is if you can ‘vibrate’ it a bit, like take it for a drive in the back of your car or van.

granny_ring

Ok thanks for that, just need to know about the valve thing

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Any tips for bleeding hayes stroker trails?’ is closed to new replies.