Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Any shoplifters on here tonight
  • avdave2

A couriers just delivered a new thermal top I’d ordered for my son and they’ve left the security tag on it. So can anyone tell me how to get it off without doing any damage.

Thanks.

b1galus
    Free Member

magnet

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Some strongish magnets? Is that not what they use in the shops?

delusional
    Free Member

Take it shopping with you with the receipt and ask the checkout people very nicely.

I had to do this with a set of shorts that I bought while away from home and had the tag left on.

Raindog
    Free Member

Hold the pin as if you are trying to pull it out and bang the plastic side against a hard service repeatedly – the pin should come out it you get it right.

Best of luck

Winona

Remember Neg and his urban sports?

Just an idea next time you’re down the shopping mall 😀

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Depends on the tag. Best take it to a shop and ask as someone suggested. Then ask for the tag back and slip it into your wife/friends/strangers bag/pocket and chuckle as they get searched by secuirty.

Raindog
    Free Member

I’ve never spiked anyone’s shopping bag with a security tag, oh no. I’ve never accidentally rested anyone’s credit card on the tag removal magnet either, despite how unpleasant they’ve been…..

Kato

I managed to get one by using a drill on the side with the cone. You know? The pointy bit on the disc

When the pin goes into this it’s held from coming out by 4 ball bearings. You’ll need a cone shaped magnet to get them all moved upwards away from the pin.

If you drill the top of the cone away you’ll eventually make a hole big enough for the ball bearings to fall out thus releasing the pin

HTH

Xylene
    Free Member

Depends what sort of tag.

Generally, it’s a burn the plastic end open and then twiddle with the the bit inside to get it off.

Only disadvantage to this is if it’s an ink pack, however if it goes off, straight into hot water and you can save the item.

Note:never shop lifted in my life, but had the experience of spending time with a heroin addict and friends when he was trying to come clean.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

If you do the above, i’d soak the item in water beforehand, at least you stand half a chance of removing any ink then.

avdave2

Thanks all. It’ll be a pain to get to any shops that’ll have a tag remover so I may go with the drill/general violence although it will now be guided with the knowledge of how it works.

palmer77
    Free Member

Why don’t you just cut the material around the tag for an additional pocket? Or cover the tag with a couple of bags before prising the fastener off?

Hairychested
    Free Member

I used to work in a clothes shop and, I’m told, wethey could remove the tag with a screwdriver, pliers and the likes. My mate, however, used a large speaker’s magnet.

cinnamon_girl

The company need to be informed so that they can remind their staff. However, I used to work for a high street retailer and, believe me, it was very easy to forget to remove them. We semi-regularly had customers returning items.

What I don’t understand is how the package did not set off the alarm when it left the warehouse.

boxelder

Winona

Heh heh, gave me a chortle

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

avdave2 – Member
    A couriers just delivered a new thermal top I’d ordered for my son and they’ve left the security tag on it. So can anyone tell me how to get it off without doing any damage.
    Thanks.
    POSTED 2 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

How very odd! My wife *bought* some clothes from a kiddies shop earlier today and and pair of trousers had the tag on (Jojo Mamen Bebe so bloody expensive). I wrapped the ink part in a sandwich bag then prised the two parts apart with a kitchen knife. Took about 5 minutes of faffing.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Stihl saw! Works on virtually anything! My favourite multi tool!

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Not all mail order operations have warhouses. I’ve been in JE James in Chesterfield and seen the mail order man picking items from the shop displays.

sweepy
    Free Member

Bung it in the freezer overnight, then hit it with a lump hammer

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve heard of someone just cutting through the pins with a large pair of dressmaking scissors.

Junkyard
    Free Member

[exceited small child mode] ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ that one only problem I see is having ot wait a night to attack it with a hammer

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’ve never accidentally rested anyone’s credit card on the tag removal magnet either, despite how unpleasant they’ve been…..

Can’t see it being much of a punishment for their nastyness TBH, it seems to make absolutely no difference to them, especially in the days of chip and pin. I swiped an almost-expired card of mine on a hard disc head magnet for about 5 mins (UBER powerful) and it still swiped just fine. God knows how.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Any shoplifters on here tonight’ is closed to new replies.