Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Any "Shameless" fans on here?
  • eldridge
    Free Member

You should be ashamed of yourselves. This show is and always has been utterly appalling in the way it glorifies and romanticises our vicious underclass.

This from the current Channel 4 publicity campaign:

It's been a tough year for our Chatsworth residents: we've seen them survive benefit fraud, brothels, stints in jail, stings-gone-wrong, fake suicides, cold turkey, lesbian romps, lingerie parties, abandonment and a family torn apart and put back together again. What else could possibly happen?

What else could possibly happen? Howzabout: Your kids go out and nearly murder two other kids after subjecting them to an hour-and-a-half of torture, because cheating, prostitution, being in prison, fraud, drug abuse, public sex and general social dysfunction are humorous norms in your family?

After the Doncaster case, who the hell on here could possibly think Shameless is funny?

sc-xc

It's funny, grandad. Get over yourself.

slowrider
    Free Member

ooh new series, cant wait. will never beat the first one.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    teagirl
    Free Member

Look at it another way, Frank has a chaotic life but is the main focus of his family and his kids are all loyal to him. They are all survivors and appear to be successful in their own haphazard ways. This is the whole of society wrapped up in one family.
    It's TV!

eldridge
    Free Member

Barry Bethel:

punch fisting in the name of our lord

eldridge: WTF is that meant to signify?

BB: It's meant to be funny

eldridge: So is Shameless. It's not, and you aren't.

Get over yourself, spotty adolescent

Teetosugars
    Free Member

1st Series was brilliant, dark, and funny…- I watched them film a lot of it, as we were working in the area…

Kinda went down hill after 2nd series…

I'll still watch it tho.. beter than a lot of the guff thats on.

sc-xc

Eldridge, If only you knew.

EDIT:

[list]Laugh
    out
    loud[/list]

eldridge
    Free Member

his kids are all loyal to him.

The Doncaster family had a sign outside reading "Beware of the kids"

Family loyalty is a much over-rated commnodity when it is used to excuse the way these dreadful people stick together

big-chief-96
    Free Member

im with eldride shameless is shite and not funny… i would rather watch some ****ts in a small house turn mad… 😉

eldridge
    Free Member

Barry Bethel:

A genuinely interested question

What do you intend to communicate to others on this forum by advertising your interests as

punch fisting in the name of our lord

honestly – I really want to know what impression you think it gives

do you have a grown-up answer?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Last series was brilliant, get a sense of humour…..

sc-xc

You may not remember, but there was a thread a couple of years ago about this very subject – there was a documentary filmed somewhere in the States in which a Christian said it was how he got closer to his lord.

It made me chuckle. Because I thought it was funny.

Just like I think TV comedies are funny. And people on the internet thinking they know all about me.

No hard feelings, but lighten up.

sc-xc

TheFunkyMonkey – Member

Last series was brilliant, get a sense of humour…..

I agree – it was a bit darker, but I love the way they have developed the McGuire family.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Eldridge, why do you watch it?

Because you obviously do, knowing so much about it like….

sc-xc

…anyway. Life's too short.

No hard feelings, sorry if I offended with my comments up there ^.

ton

it is **** great………party…………. 😉

mandog

Love it. Got series 1, 2, 4 & 5 on DVD.

Scat'er

IanMunro
    Free Member

I caught a bit of some programme the other night called "Dad's army", it was f*cking disgusting!! Full of ageist crap and made out that WWII was somehow a laughing matter. Over 50 million people died in that war and some jerk thought it would be fun to make some so called comedy about it. Anyone watching it should be ashamed.

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Never watched it, but do wonder about the overly righteous mind set of somebody who, when he see's a TV SHOW advertised as returning to TV, considers it his moral duty to log on to a MTB chat forum and then berate other users for watching it.

1. Mind your own **** business
    2. Don't watch it (which you obviously do) if you don't like it(which you obviously do.)
    3. Mind you own **** business and
    4. Mind your own **** business

C0ck

Skyliner
    Free Member

it's great. i'm looking forward to it making me laugh my tits off!!

duntmatter
    Free Member

Ian Munro deftly bursts a bubble!

jahwomble
    Free Member

I'm with Eldridge, it's pants. Not quite as embarrassing and culturally bereft as grown ups who watch Skins, but very nearly.Imho

TheDoog
    Free Member

Yeah it may be crap but its only fiction, the Jeremy Kyle show is a more frightening glimpse at society today……….

Free Member

Worst.
    Whinge.
    Ever.

dustytrails

Me & Mrs DT love it. Don't care if is politically incorrect. It's funny & shouldn't be taken seriously. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT – DON'T WATCH IT – DON'T TELL OTHERS NOT TO – THEY CAN DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES Were all adults here (although i sometimes wonder with some of the childish remarks made on here & all too frequently)
    New series – great news – she will be pleased

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Any "Shameless" fans on here?’ is closed to new replies.