Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any Quantocks locals in the house?
  • aka_Gilo
    Free Member

I have a day off work tomorrow so I’m thinking of heading down to the ‘tocks for a ride. I only know one route without resorting to maps (dont have sat nav, other than on my iphone but that’s road-biased) and I always leave the A39 at West Quantoxhead and park at the car park at the top of the aptly-named Hill Lane.

It’s a steep b*gger – does anyone local know if I have a chance of getting up in in a front wheel drive car (Ford Galaxy)or is it likely to be icy as hell?? What are conditions like there at the mo?

Cheers

snaps
    Free Member

I was up there yesterday @ 12.30 & it was +5C & raining – most of the ice was gone but I drove from the west to CPG.

jacko54321
    Free Member

id imagine so, its not that cold here tonight,

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    oxym0r0n

Well, Saturday morning (9:30) there were 4 cars crashed on the road up to Crowcombe Park Gate, but then on my way back the whole road had been gritted by a friendly farmer. I guess it depends whether it rains/freezes tonight and how early you set off!

Working tomorrow otherwise any excuse to get out.

Oh, BTW the tracks on top were quite icey/crispy snowy on Sat too – not sure how much they will have cleared by tomorrow…

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

I’m in Bristol and when I popped out to the bin earlier it was freezing, the temperature has really dropped and all wet areas were icing over. I’ll have to check it out when I get there I guess, car’s pretty new so don’t want to risk tw*tting it.

ART

Well if you carry on round and park in Holford, conditions were fine yesterday, car park was a bit icy so we were entertained by a little peugeot sliding around, but it had melted by the time we left. Roads at the top by DWD were a bit icy although people were clearly driving OK across the top.

Clink

Rode today and it was stunning. Cold and sunny, very atmospheric in the woods. Most of the minor roads icy – take care.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any Quantocks locals in the house?’ is closed to new replies.