Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Any MTBing around St Andrews?
  • DickBarton

I think I’m up there next week and likely to be free in the evening…anyone know of any trails there? Will have car and bike so happy to drive but not looking to spend more than 20 minutes in the car to go biking…so what is there?

Cheers.

KT1973
    Free Member

Tentsmuir forest is flat but ok for a quick blast. Take a quid coin for the car park!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

There’s some short downhill light trails hidden around Kemback forrest, best way in is at the top, from Blebo Craigs. There’s also Tentsmuir which I’d guess is 20 mins or so in the car from St Andrews.

tyredbiker
    Free Member

In a nutshell…no.

However pedal up to Kemback (go past strathkiness tavern and then keep going uphill until there is a steep track on the left hand side. Follow the track until it turns into a road and you’ll see a small path on the right which opens up to some jumps.). Theres plenty of runs about in Kemback forest although you do have to push back up to the top to do them again (or follow the road back to strathkiness by turning right at the bottom of the hill). I’ll see if I can find the coordinates somewhere. Otherwise there is apparently some tracks over at Wormit apparently, or Tentsmuir forest is nice for a pootle but completely flat.

DickBarton

Don’t mind flat, just want offroad…not been on my bike properly for ages and looking for any excuse to get away from work for the evening..also means I’m not parenting as I’m away on business…so taking the bike seems like a good plan!

Thanks for the advice so far.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Some decent trails around auchtermuchty..could make that in 20 min, if you drive very quickly..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any MTBing around St Andrews?’ is closed to new replies.