Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Any model trainset-er on here?
  • Rosss
    Free Member

I feel i may get flamed for this but ah well. A little off topic but anyone out there know the best place to sell a trainset layout and a huge collection of trains ? All help is appriciated.

radar
    Free Member

ebay

Been building my old train set up for my sons, and kit goes for good money on ebay.

matt_outandabout

My brother and I 20 years ago sold our 26′ OO model of Armathwaite to Alston railway museum. Bought my first sailing dinghy and mtb from the proceeds 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Do you have a list of the trains please? My bro wears an anorak and may be interested. 🙂

Rosss
    Free Member

Hi,

I’ll email you now 🙂

Rosss
    Free Member

Unfinished I know but heres a few pictures if anyone is interested

avdave2

grass needs cutting and those weeds are out of control.

Rosss
    Free Member

There’s always one 😉

cxi
    Free Member

ebay – good if you want the hassle of individually listing and shipping items.

Worth looking locally to see if you have any model shops which trade in second hand. Would doubt that you’d get the best value but possibly the easiest sale.

Also see if can find a train / toy swap-meet – many of the stalls there will buy stuff.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for the pics Ross. 🙂

Brings back childhood memories … I was never allowed to play with the trains. 🙁

TuckerUK
    Free Member

That’s a nice layout in the space, how big is the baseboard?

Rosss
    Free Member

Tucker – 6′ by 4′

Cinnamon girl – Tell me about it – It was my set and I still wasn’t allow 😆

Rosss
    Free Member

Was looking for around £60 for the layout then i’d work out prices for extras if anyone was interested

Olly
    Free Member

I was never allowed to play with the trains

that’s because your a girl!!!
    them’s the rules!!

will be adding my set onto the list of “stuff to recover from my dads house once we have moved (in a month or two paperwork allowing)

intending on having a study with shelves on at least 2 of 4 walls, so could set it up on a specific shelf around table level, inbetween shelves of books, and bike helmets

Rosss
    Free Member

I had many plans for it but I need the cash now and i’d like to see someone take it up and complete it

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

eBay – definitely. Stuff, especially engines, goes for mental money. Layout looks excellent too for £60! I used to be a train-ist as a kid and am now building a new layout for my 20 month old who is train bonkers.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Any model trainset-er on here?’ is closed to new replies.