Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 132 total)
  • Any graphic artists in? Logo Design….
  • stratobiker
    Free Member

I need a logo designing.
    If you're in need of something to do, drop me an email to stratobiker AT yahoo DOT co DOT uk

I'll send you the creative brief.
    If I use your design, I'll pay you £50.

SB

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

£50? You're too kind! Email in prof, I'll drop it to mrs deadly…Brizzle area.

juan
    Free Member

Same here email me I am bored to my ass at the moment. fernandez at unice point fr

M6TTF
    Free Member

wwaswas

M6TTF's link is NSFW if you don't wear headphones.

Mistere
    Free Member

do you need any pie charts with it?

stratobiker
    Free Member

@M6TTF

It's there for someone who wants it. Maybe someone who's out of work, like me. Or maybe some contractor sat for boring endless days with nothing to do 'cos the client can't get their act together, like I used to.

I'm sorry if it's beneath you.

@Mistere

Thanks, I'm off the pies at the moment.

SB

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Here is a logo for you

LoGO

I claim my £50.

nina
    Free Member

£50 per use of the design or £50 to own the design outright?

stratobiker
    Free Member

Well I never thought it would be this hard!

OK, so how long would you expect to spend on it, and what would be a reasonable rate?

SB

wwaswas
    mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

OK, so how long would you expect to spend on it, and what would be a reasonable rate?

I wouldn't even start thinking about designing a quick logo for less than half a day's work (£240) – and that would be all the client would get – a logo as a .jpg.

glenp
    Free Member

"If I use it"

Try going to a tailor and ask him to make you a suit that you will either buy or not depending on if he was lucky enough to guess your style requirements because you couldn't be arsed to go through the process of working them out with him.
    __

£50

How long do you think it takes to design a logo? It isn't pretty patterns and doodles – it is considered, developed, questioned, redeveloped, tweaked and made to artwork (with due consideration for all of the technical constraints, plus other factors such as researching existing logos etc).
    __

Sorry, don't mean to sound aggressive, but there is a reason that YouTube thing strikes a chord (or is that accord?, I never know).

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I do wonder if this is a troll – does any reasonable adult place such little value on someone else's time and equally place such little value on whatever they want a logo designing for that they think it only deserves £50 spending on it?

Go on, post up your 'brief' – I bet it took more than £50 worth of time to dream up.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

From mrs deadly,

What glenp said +1

Drac

Stratobiker you've insulted the superior beings I pity you.

grumm
    Free Member

I do wonder if this is a troll – does any reasonable adult place such little value on someone else's time and equally place such little value on whatever they want a logo designing for that they think it only deserves £50 spending on it?

Surely that depends what it's for?

Some people would probable be happy with a logo that involved getting photoshop open, selecting a cool looking/appropriate font/colours and putting a stroke around it. £50 for doing that is hardly unreasonable.

🙂

glenp
    Free Member

Granted, if it just a bit non-commercial fun then fair enough. If that is the case, then I apologise for going off on one.

As for superior beings, Drac – don't know how you make a living yourself, but I doubt it is by doing anything for virtually nothing.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Some people would probable be happy with a logo that involved getting photoshop open, selecting a cool looking/appropriate font/colours and putting a stroke around it.

If such a small amount of work is expected it can hardly be called 'designing a logo'. May I suggest 'Microsoft Word'?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jeebus…I really do hope this one goes for the day. mrs deadly is upstairs on the mac choking on her coffee. I'm loving it.

Drac

Drac – don't know how you make a living yourself, but I doubt it is by doing anything for virtually nothing.

Your right I don't do anything for virtually nothing but I have done plenty for free.

wwaswas

deadly – does she feel £50 is a resonable amount for a speculative logo or is she happy with that?

grumm
    Free Member

If such a small amount of work is expected it can hardly be called 'designing a logo'. May I suggest 'Microsoft Word'?

May I suggest trying to sound a little less haughty and snobbish?

🙄

Ti29er
    Free Member

Hey boys!
    Try being a photographer on here – the shi£e people quote for a wedding or even a single image never begins to take into account the skills, years of training, the investment in your equipment, your professionalism etc etc that goes into our work.
    I've stopped following any thread that asks me to tell people how to photograph their brother's wedding, or a companies conference or take pictures at Mayhem so they can then sell them.
    Bloo£y liberty!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

May I suggest trying to sound a little less haughty and snobbish?

Sure – suggest away. 🙂

binners

I've just head-butted my keyboard. Really really hard. It seemed less painful than passing comment.

Luckily, my mac was in Illustrator at the time. The result doesn't actually look too bad. Its a bit Bauhaus if anything. You can have that for £50 if you like

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

LOL at Binners. 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member
    deadly – does she feel £50 is a resonable amount for a speculative logo or is she happy with that?

Not sure mate, she came running down the stairs, did an STW style rant, the most I could make out was her hammering back up the stairs mumbling something about "…that's the fckuing problem with my industry…"

geoffj

Loving this – but remember folks, SB is one of the good guys. Go easy on him!

grumm
    Free Member

Sure – suggest away.

Doesn't look like your Mixd logo would have taken much effort. I'd knock something like that up for £50. 😉

I've seen plenty of these threads – people seem to make the mistake of thinking that other people should put the same value on design work as they do, and feel that they are somehow owed a living.

I don't see anyone whinging about putting LBS' out of business when someone offers to fit a headset in return for hobnobs, or asks advice on servicing forks. But somehow because designers are 'artists' they get all precious about it.

BTW I get paid to do design work – not really a designer, I can just do it better than lots of people who claim to be. 😛

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I need a car – send me your cars and if I like yours, I'll give you £50.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Doesn't look like your Mixd logo would have taken much effort. I'd knock something like that up for £50.

Well go find the typeface and knock it up 😉

Ti29er
    Free Member

There are plenty in my industry too – we call the amateurs.

grumm
    Free Member

I need a car – send me your cars and if I like yours, I'll give you £50.

That analogy doesn't work at all though does it.

binners

Yeah…. don't forget to put some photoshop filters on it. The signature of any professional designer

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Why not?

grumm
    Free Member

Well go find the typeface and knock it up

Bet I could find one that looks pretty similar. You can congratulate yourself all you want about how clever you are for designing the typeface yourself, but most people probably couldn't care less, and why should they?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well, not trying to speak on m_f's behalf, but it's about as ridiculous sounding as

Doesn't look like your Mixd logo would have taken much effort. I'd knock something like that up for £50

…but hey, you stuck a wink after it…

I don't see anyone whinging about putting LBS' out of business when someone offers to fit a headset in return for hobnobs, or asks advice on servicing forks. But somehow because designers are 'artists' they get all precious about it.

And that analogy's not working for me either.

but most people probably couldn't care less.

I guess the clients that value design and pay him and mrs deadly handsomely for their work do.

chakaping
    Free Member

But somehow because designers are 'artists' they get all precious about it.

Oh come on, getting all precious is in the job description. We wouldn't believe they were really designers if they didn't.

But £50 "if I use it" is taking the wee-wee.

I'd expect to pay £150 upwards depending on the level of fussiness I expected the designer to have to put up with.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

And, just to add, yes, I know stratobiker is one of the good guys… 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Any graphic artists in? Logo Design….’ is closed to new replies.