Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • any dishwasher experts around?
  • mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

got a Belling IDW603 which has had a few ongoing problems and i’m not willing to let it beat me

I’ve replaced both door hinges and retaining cables recently after a long wait for parts and now the (fairly common) problem of the pressure switch has reared it’s ugly head again.

Normally it’s a case of removing the pressure switch, blowing into it and the feed pipe and the problem is resolved for a few months.

This time however no amount of cajoling has reset the switch and the machine won’t even begin the cycle (it shows E5 on the display after it times out)

I’ve tricked the pressure switch by attaching a syringe to manually tell the dishwasher when to fill but after reinstating the switch it just stops working. The water tank will not even empty so it’s now full of used water.

I’ve ordered a new switch as i’m fairly sure this is the problem but am not sure if i need to prime the switch with fluid or just bang it on and hope.

Also if it turns out not to be the switch then is there anything else likely to causing the same error code (i’ve put back pressure down the output hose and it’s not blocked)

Could really do with sorting the problem before christmas and if this means a new dishwasher then so be it (it’s only done 4 years service but i’m willing to write it off as a bad egg)

Last thing i want is to have to wash up in an old skool stylee all christmas.

I’ll get dry chapped hands and that wouldn’t do

sharkbait
    Free Member

Four years is not good 🙁
    I can’t help with your problem but when I had an issue with our dishwasher (not emptying or something) I found very good kitchen goods repair website that got me sorted ……. a filter just needed a good clean/degrease.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

How much has all this faffing cost, in both time and money ?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Dunc – parts have been £80, time i have a lot of.

Compare that to the call out cost for a white goods repair man (about £80+labour+parts) or a new dishwasher (£450)

I did the same for our washing machine, total parts cost was £11 having been told by a repair man that it was irreparable and just to replace it. IT did a further 4 years service after i fixed it

do you take your bike to the shop every time it needs repairing?

wwaswas

I’d be looking at doing a ‘reserve and collect’ booking for something local as insurance – they normally give you a couple of days to pick stuff up and you can cancel if you end up not needing it.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

yeah, that’s what i had to do when the washing machine gave up 12 hours before i had to fly out of the country for 2 weeks with no clean clothes

uplink
    Free Member

How much has all this faffing cost

Some people actually like [strike]faffing[/strike] tinkering 😀

BigJohn

White Goods Forum for Belling Dishwashers IDW603

But try turning it upside down. You might have a leak filling the sump and the float cuts off the water.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

parts are in at my local little spare parts shop (gotta love that they still exist) so i’ll know in an hour or two

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘any dishwasher experts around?’ is closed to new replies.